A woman rising out of grief, and a man baffled by familial and marital treachery, intersect via a stoically terrified child. They independently and together try to thread their ways though the baffling outcomes and actions that the motives of others have subjected them to.
Such a good book. I have read this quite a few times since I first came across it and it never ceases to make my spine tingle and raise the odd goosebump with the ratcheting tension. Such a good romantic thriller. Mary Stewart is the master of this style of story.
- Library Binding: 310 pages
- Publisher: Center Point Pub; Large Print edition (1 March 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1602853819
- ISBN-13: 978-1602853812
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 408 g
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews