|Style||Pr 2: Ultra Compact|
|fuel-type||Liquefied Petroleum Gas|
|Number of Items||1|
|Included Components||PocketRocket 2 Stove, Hard Shell Carry Case|
|Manufacturer||Cascade Designs Inc.|
|Item Model Number||040818098844|
|Product Dimensions||12.7 x 10.16 x 18.42 cm; 72.57 Grams|
MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Portable Stove
|fuel-type||Liquefied Petroleum Gas|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||12.7 x 10.2 x 18.4 centimetres|
|Item weight||0.16 Pounds|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultralight (2.6 oz) and compact (2x2x3 in) folding canister stove for minimalist adventures, backpacking, hiking, trekking, camping, and global travel
- Boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes and flame easily adjusts from a simmer to a rolling boil for gourmet cooking in the outdoors
- Fueled by high-performance isobutane-propane fuel canister (not included); self-sealing threaded canister fuel is available in most countries
- Easy to setup and operate'no priming, preheating, or pressurizing is required; serrated pot-supports accommodate a wide range of pot sizes and styles
- Lightweight protective case included; stove weighs 2.6 oz (4.2 oz with case), measures 4.8x4.8x3.6 inches open, collapses to 2x2x3 inches; made in USA
The MSR PocketRocket Ultralight and Compact Backpacking, Camping, and Travel Stove is the ideal solution for minimalist and fast-and-light adventures, hiking, trekking, and global travel. The trusted choice of alpinists and campers, for its durability and reliability, it’s easy to setup and operate—no priming, preheating, pumping, or pressurizing is required—and boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes. Simmer or boil, and adjust the flame anywhere in between for temperature-controlled gourmet cooking in the outdoors. Collapsible serrated pot-supports offer grip and stability, and can accommodate a wide range of pot sizes and styles for all types of meal prep. Fueled by high-performance isobutane-propane canister fuel (not included), it’s a good choice for global travel, as self-sealing threaded canister fuel is available in most countries worldwide. Available in 2 styles: The PR 2: Ultra Compact stove weighs 2.6 ounces (4.2 ounces in its included hard case), measures 4.8x4.8x3.6 inches when open, and packs down to 2x2x3 inches; the PR Deluxe : With Piezo Igniter weighs 2.9 ounces (3.4 ounces in the included stuff sack) and measures 1.5x2.2x3.3 inches when open. Manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty.
From the manufacturer
PocketRocket 2 Stove
The next-generation PocketRocket 2 stove takes everything impressive about the iconic original and puts it into an even smaller and lighter high-performance design. Barely noticeable in your pack, it’s fast at camp, boiling 1 liter of water in 3.5 minutes. Precision flame control goes from torch to simmer, while our WindClip windshield boosts efficiency in breezy conditions. New folding pot supports create an exceptionally tiny packed size, and they now accommodate a wider range of vessels-pair this stove with the MSR Titan Kettle for the ultimate fast and light kit.
- Ultralight: Weighs just 73 g (2.6 oz.)
- Fast: Boils 1 liter of water in just 3.5 minutes
- Compact: Folding pot supports pack exceptionally small, fitting into an MSR Titan or Insulated Mug
- Strong: Robust pot supports offer excellent stability
- Wind-Resistant: WindClip wind protection and focused burner pushes a persistent, solid flame
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Good heat output and very fast. I did a test with 500ml of water and a fresh gas canister, boiled in about 90s (indoors with no wind). I'd maybe add a cheap folding windshield as obviously the flame is a bit more vulnerable outdoors. And no piezo ignition which is a big plus! They always break after a few months so you need to carry a backup lighter anyway. The stove lights with just the spark from a BIC.
I bought it as a cheaper alternative to a Jetboil and very happy with it. I combined it with a Stanley pot. I can fit the stove, a cup, gas and a few brew making supplies in the whole thing. Came to about 50 quid so half the price of a Jetboil.
The only criticism I have is that it is very loud but that might just be because I've been using Trangias for the last couple of years. Figuring out how to fold/unfold it is a bit of a puzzle as well but that's minor. All in all, a great bit of kit and really good value as MSR is a decent brand.
There are lighter stoves in the market but they are not as durable and windproof.
The new design, however, folds in two places. It's great for the product's packability but if you move pot sideways when cooking the foldable part stove on which the pot is placed on can move sideways(sometimes, if the pot if full), like when it is folded.
I would still have bought it if I knew this but I have to be a little more conscious when I am using it.
To adjust it to less burn porridge temperature is quite a challenge, you have to do it in small taps for fear of turning the gas off completely but once you get used to this its fine.
I bought this because it fits nicely in my GSI soloist pot with a gas cannister. It folds up nice and small, a bit fiddly to fold and unfold but no stiffness after use.
It sounds like a rocket! If you use this on a campsite people will stare.
I like it. Sturdy peice of kit. Easy to thread on and off a canister without gas wastage.