I've been a PC builder for about 5 years now and my builds during this time have normally been $100-200 motherboards. Those motherboards, while functional, lacked some features that I didn't even think I wanted until I bought this motherboard that had it:
1. Integrated I/O shield
2. Individual status LEDs for CPU, RAM slots, and GPU
3. Miniature OLED display
4. RGB lighting and control
5. Overclocking dial, along with power/reset buttons
6. CMOS clearer button on the back
7. Switches for changing BIOS profiles
8. M2 drive heat sinks
9. 6.5 mm headphone jack output
And those are just the motherboard generation-agnostic features -- granted there are some features like the built-in WiFi that are unique to the 9th generation in particular which are supremely useful.
I hope the features of this motherboard can trickle down to entry-level boards in a few years. The BIOS software on this is also pretty expansive in terms of capabilities, however, the UX could have used a bit more work, and its clear there are perhaps some translation issues as there's a few grammatical errors which are fairly minor, but are more of a visual inconvenience.
Also, as is natural for many high-end products, this motherboard came with a few nice add-ons:
1. A PCIe HDMI capture card. Haven't used this yet, and I'm unsure its specifications, but I will update this review once I've tested it.
2. A PCI-E M2 expansion slot. The motherboard already comes with 3 slots, but if thats not enough for you, then this device is handy.
3. External antenna for LAN/Bluetooth
I haven't had this board for very long so I couldn't genuinely comment on any features like longevity/durability, but it at least feels sturdy -- unlike other boards it's not going to make you sweat pulling out the 24-pin power connector, for example.
With a unique look and feel, packed with exclusive gaming features, MSI ENTHUSIAST GAMING motherboards offer the best possible gaming experience. Customize and set up your own color scheme with MSI Mystic Light utility. Select the available colors from the palette to match your system style. Bored of the same colors? Simply change the complete look of your system in 1 second! Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.