|Product Dimensions||3.7 x 2.8 x 15.7 cm; 581 Grams|
|Item Weight||581 g|
New MEATER+ 50 metre Long Range Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer for The Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Smoker Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
- Extended Bluetooth Range 50 Metre
- Connectivity Suite: Monitor your cook from a phone, tablet, Alexa, computer, over Bluetooth, WiFi, or the MEATER Cloud for the best wireless range.
- 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 100C and ambient / external temperature up to 275C simultaneously.
- Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can also set up custom alerts / notifications based on temperature and/or time.
- Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Can estimate how long to cook and rest your food to help plan your meal and manage your time.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The NEW Long Range MEATER Plus is the first truly wireless, smart meat thermometer that allows you to monitor your food up to 50 metres away. There's nothing worse than an overdone piece of meat, which is why a reliable meat thermometer is an essential tool for any kitchen or BBQ setup. MEATER Plus boasts unique, patented technology that measures both internal meat and ambient temperatures in the oven or grill for a superior result, every time. Also, MEATER Plus's companion app sends estimated cook times and alerts to your smartphone over Bluetooth or WiFi, giving you the freedom to step away from the grill and enjoy the party or sit back and relax.
MEATER Link: Extend your wireless range over WiFi. All you need is a 2nd smart phone/tablet to bridge the connection to your home WiFi network.
- Stainless steel, water resistant, and easy to clean
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection up to 50 metres
- Max internal temp: 100C
- Max ambient temp: 275C
- Rechargeable: Over 24 hours of continuous cooking per charge
- Dimensions: 130mm x 6mm
- Built-in Bluetooth Repeater to extend range
- Store and charge your MEATER probe
- Magnetic backing: Attach your charger to any magnetic surface
- Portable and charges MEATER up to 100 times with 1 AAA battery
- Real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- LED indicator: shows charger battery state and probe connection status
- Dimensions: 157mm L x 37mm W x 28mm H
- Shipping weight: 200 g
- Connect up to 4 probes at once
- iPhone and iPad apps for iOS 10.3 and later
- Android app for versions 5.x and later
- Alexa Skill Enabled: Just ask "Alexa, ask MEATER how long until my food is ready."
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love it for chicken vs other things I cook on moderate heat.
But basically useless for steak on the grill. On both my high heat gas BBQ and my charcoal weber I have to remove it due to warnings or damage due to the grill being too hot.
Meater have responded that I shouldn't have the grill so hot. Disappointing after waiting for years for mine via kickstarter.
It alerts you when there's 5 mins left of cooking, tells you when to remove the meat from the heat, and then tells you when the resting time is over and its time to carve.
I have used meater to cook beef eye fillet, whole roast chickens, chicken breasts and even smoked trout perfectly!! I would 100% recommend the Meater to friends and family - it's been a gamechanger in our kitchen.
Top reviews from other countries
The top of the probe (the black bit) joins the main stem and is glued in (not screwed via a fine thread - glued).
Therefore when this product gets hot (which amazingly it will do) the glue that keeps the top section stuck to the stem becomes malleable and the top comes away from the stem - allowing any dirt, fat, water etc into the unit.
Why - really just why would you use a compound that is susceptible to heat in a product that gets hot like this.
Secondly, the returns process is like something out of the olden days...
1) You have to write to the Customer Service team via email
2) You then go through the problem and submit details
3) They send you a form which you have to print out and fill in with all the details you've just provided to them
4) They book a courier (no they can't provide prepaid returns labels....) and you wait for them in the morning or afternoon etc
5) The courier doesn't turn up
6) The courier randomly turns up at a different time and date
You wonder if you will ever get a replacement. Useless system.
1) Send another item immediately to the customer and pre-charge their card if they agree
2) Send a prepaid label for the return to the customer
3) Receive faulty unit back and cancel prepaid charge
It's easy. What is wrong with these companies. They are founded by seemingly intelligent, creative and industrious people - who don't seem to have a clue how to operate in the real world.
It sounds good in principle but it cannot handle temperatures higher than 250 degrees C, it is too large for small prices of meat, ie kebabs, small steaks etc and mine stopped working after approx 5 mths.
I have another remote gauge and I have to say it’s cheaper, more flexible and so far reliable.
Oh, and I contacted support 4 weeks ago and have not had a reply. Getting the email address on their site is also difficult.
Wow! I selected a leg of lamb for my first cook and it was easy to set up. The YouTube on the website explained how to insert the gadget in the thickest part of the meat and how important it is to thrust it in far enough to register accurately. It’s possible to adjust the temperature required by a few degrees either side of the pre-set which is advantageous once you determine exactly how you like your meat cooked.
I cook on an Everhot range which is similar (but I think better than) an AGA. You can set the oven temperature but you don't keep changing the setting as with a conventional oven.
We were mesmerised by the display showing both the inside oven temperature adjusting to the introduction of the cold meat and the rising internal temperature of the joint as it cooked. Once the MEATER+ worked out how long it would take to complete the cooking phase, we were able to tear ourselves away and get on with the rest of the dinner.
I had never before appreciated how important it is to rest the meat after cooking is complete. The display showed how the internal temperature continued to rise after I took the joint out of the oven. Fascinating. The MEATER+ alerted me to the end of the resting time and we could eat!
I started with good meat but this temperature-controlled cooking ensured we ate absolutely amazing, perfectly cooked lamb. I was so pleased with myself, though the MEATER+ did all the work for me.
Next, I tried it with sirloin steak. Slipping the MEATER+ in sideways wasn’t as tricky as I had anticipated. Again, perfect cooking. This is really successful, confident cooking and although it’s not cheap to buy, the MEATER+ will make certain I never overcook, undercook or otherwise waste good food by poor cooking. It will pay for itself in practical terms over time but has already proved worth its cost in guaranteeing success every time.