I've read the other two Lutheran Ladies Circle books and found them to be easy, entertaining, and somewhat lacking in depth. They were books I read while sunbathing or half watching a movie... I didn't need to pay much attention to keep up with the plot.
Thanks For Leaving, however, kept me riveted in a way I didn't expect. I was completely drawn in to Ola and Rolf's relationship, the trials and struggles of women in WWII, and the hope that the book would last long enough for them to find each other again and live happily ever after, even though I had an idea from reading the first two books that probably wouldn't happen.
Thanks For Leaving was touching, endearing, and occasionally heart-breaking. The writing and the plot were personal, strong, and powerful at times. Not an easy fluff piece, for sure. This book deserves to be savored and appreciated.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2949 KB
- Print Length: 220 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Morning West Publishing (2 March 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IRJLYGA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 35 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #652,017 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)