Excellent book from Dr Buist!
I wish every doctors could read this book to educate themselves about cholesterol!!!!
As a former university teacher in biochemistry, Dr Buist explains everything in a very accessible way for the lay person, while describing very precisely all the mechanisms around cholesterol utilization, synthesis, oxidation..., which will also satisfy medical practitioners. You'll understand where plaque comes from, why we get arteriosclerosis and more importantly what strategies can one implement to reduce his chances of cardio vascular events. You'll lean what food you should eat and which you should avoid to improve your lipid profile...
As a former editor-in-chief in the "Clinical Nutrition Review", Dr Buist does a real effort in documenting thoroughly all the cutting edge information he's providing.
A must read for all health enthusiasts.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2756 KB
- Print Length: 154 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0992525209
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Integrated Therapies Pty Ltd (24 May 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00KJRBJA4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 1 customer rating
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #570,189 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)