I've been meaning to read this since it came out, as it seemed to be loved by so many.
I personally don't undertstand the hype. It's not like it was unique.
Anyway, this was only an OK read for me. It was a bit too much like a sit-com or like a family movie but without the funny bits.
I wasn't particularly touched or amused.
I'll watch the movie adaptation when it comes to Netflix & Co, just to see if the movie was better than the book.
NB: Recommendations for much better YA books with gay characters: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
and one of my favourite books ever: Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Puffin; 1 edition (29 January 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780241330135
- ISBN-13: 978-0241330135
- ASIN: 0241330130
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.1 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 222 g
- Customer Reviews: 191 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 22,032 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)