#1 Best-Selling Author on Grief and Narcissism
Expert guidance, effective healing exercises and experience from others who have lost a parent.
With a Master's degree in clinical research, Theresa Jackson has combined the most effective healing practices for grief, expert guidance on the bereavement process and case studies so that you can honor and remember your lost parent, while working through your grief in a healthy way.
Theresa lost her father in 2007 and has since put together useful clinical and healing resources for others in the same position, to help them recover. Sharing hers and others’ personal journeys of coming to terms with the loss of a parent, she hopes to help more bereaved adult children on their healing journeys.
"Loss of a Parent" will help you to:
- Gain some context by learning about the 7 stages of grief, which stage you might be in currently, and get an idea about what you might experience next
- Guided exercises will help you work through your grief in a healthy way
- Understand how complicated or prolonged grief is common, and gain insight into how to try and move on
- Understand that it’s okay to have confusing or unexpected thoughts and emotions, that people react differently to losing a parent, and that you are most likely ‘normal’ in how you’re feeling
- Feel less isolated in your grief, by reading the stories of how other people felt, and how they dealt with their loss
Other people are saying...
- "This is such a good book for this difficult time. When my father passed away even though we had some indication of his declining health nothing could really prepare m for the tsunami of feelings. I belonged to a church and they were supportive but there was very little reading material at hand and this book would have been a valuable aid to help me understand or anticipate the effects of bereavement"
- “I bought this book after recently losing my mum. It is a very easy book to read and understand. I found that I could relate to both the experiences of the author and other case studies easily and it made me feel less alone at a very difficult time. The book addresses all the little issues (practical and emotional) that you may not be able to talk to others about."
- "I can relate to the Theresa’s story, as well as the other stories recounted in the book. I still have feelings about my father’s death that I need to process, and with my father’s birthday coming up, I need a book like this one to help guide me."
- "Even in the best of families’ conflict can tear the fabric of the family apart and I appreciated the guidance. Without giving too much away. The author’s writing was clear and helpful. It felt as if I was getting guidance from a friend and appreciate this book. Thank you!"