Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Living Gluten-Free For Dummies - Australia Kindle Edition
There's more to living gluten-free than just cutting it out of your diet. This Second Australian Edition of Living Gluten-Free For Dummies helps you embrace a gluten-free lifestyle and make a smooth transition to healthier, tastier living. You'll learn how to decipher food labels, enjoy a balanced diet, cook delicious meals and order at restaurants, deal with the emotional and social aspects of gluten-free living, raise healthy gluten-free kids, and so much more. And best of all, this book includes plenty of great-tasting recipes.
- Covers all the newest products and food labelling practices specific to Australia
- Includes up-to-date information about the latest research on managing coeliac disease
- Features over 75 nutritious and delicious gluten-free recipes
- Endorsed by Coeliac Australia
Whether you or a family member have coeliac disease, another kind of gluten intolerance, or want to try living without gluten for other health or nutrition reasons, this Second Australian Edition of Living Gluten-Free For Dummies covers everything you need to know—from great recipes to the latest research and the best ways to manage your health.
From the Publisher
Margaret Clough is a coeliac and has been actively involved with Coeliac Australia since 1986, serving at times in various capacities, including national president, public officer and travel editor for The Australian Coeliac magazine.
Danna Korn is based in the US and has lived gluten-free since 1991. She founded the family support group ROCK (Raising Our Celiac Kids).--This text refers to the paperback edition.
From the Inside Flap
- Get the right diagnosis for your symptoms
- Enjoy a healthy, balanced, gluten-free diet
- Decipher food labelling
- Cook tasty meals and snacks
All the information you need to embrace a gluten-free lifestyle
Are you gluten intolerant or coeliac? Would you like to enjoy the benefits of a diet free from wheat, barley, oats and rye? There’s more to living gluten-free than just cutting gluten from your eating habits and Living Gluten-Free For Dummies, 2nd Australian Edition, provides expert advice to help you make the transition. Discover how to cook delicious meals, order the right foods when eating out, and much more!
- Get to grips with gluten ― identify common foods that contain gluten and learn how to exclude gluten from your diet
- Understand coeliac disease ― learn the causes and what it does to the body, and examine the latest research on the disease
- Create a gluten-free environment ― take a look at your kitchen and pantry and find out how to avoid cross-contamination when cooking and baking
- Become a gluten-busting chef ― discover over 90 delicious gluten-free recipes for all times of day
- Raise happy, gluten-free kids ― deal with the emotions and practicalities of having kids on a gluten-free diet
- Stay on track ― identify negative feelings, confront emotional obstacles, and look at the big picture
Open the book and find:
- Advice about managing coeliac disease
- Details of future treatments for people with coeliac disease
- How to read food labels and ingredient panels
- Ways to find good support and reliable resources
- Help with planning your meals and deciding where to shop
- Tips for steering clear of gluten while travelling
- Simple ways to explain your gluten-free diet to others
- ASIN : B00KDL8K8K
- Publisher : For Dummies; 2 edition (4 March 2014)
- Language : English
- File size : 3550 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 408 pages
- Customer Reviews: