- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Penguin (General UK); 1 edition (31 October 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0241283914
- ISBN-13: 978-0241283912
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 2.7 x 18 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 499 g
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,200 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Little Book Of Hygge Hardcover – 31 Oct 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Infectiously positive (...) the best beginner's guide (Mail on Sunday)
this book explains everything you need to know about the Danish art of living well (Metro)
Danish, dishy and the world's happiest man (this book) is gorgeously designed (Times)
every wondered why Denmark is always ranked one of the happiest places on earth? Well, that's down to hygge. And want to know what hygge is? Then read this book. (Daily Mail Ireland)
a thorough and genuinely helpful little life bible that you'll find yourself coming back to time and again. Hooray for Hygge! (Heat)
From the Publisher
This year live more like a Dane, embrace hygge and become happier.
The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well (Penguin Life)
The Danish word hygge is one of those beautiful words that doesn't directly translate into English, but it more or less means comfort, warmth or togetherness.
Hygge is the feeling you get when you are cuddled up on a sofa with a loved one, in warm knitted socks, in front of the fire, when it is dark, cold and stormy outside. It that feeling when you are sharing good, comfort food with your closest friends, by candle light and exchanging easy conversation. It is those cold, crisp blue sky mornings when the light through your window is just right.
Denmark is the happiest nation in the world and Meik puts this largely down to them living the hygge way. They focus on the small things that really matter, spend more quality time with friends and family and enjoy the good things in life. The Little Book of Hygge will give you practical steps and tips to become more hygge: how to pick the right lighting, organise a dinner party and even how to dress hygge, all backed up by Meik's years' of research at the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
7 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book is split up into various aspects of life; food, clothing, home etc. (Making it very easy to reference back to) and each section is rich in explanation of Danish tradition and customs. The author simply breaks down the elements of hygge, as well as some interesting studies on happiness, and therefore directly gives tips on how to create a hygge atmosphere and design hygge activities.
Would recommend to anyone who is interested in learning about hygge and happiness research or simply wants a quick reference guide to good Danish suggestions.
Hygge is a supposedly untranslatable Danish word that describes the concept of comfort that comes from relaxing around friends. This book has lots of nice stories and anecdotes about what makes hygge and how you can introduce a little hygge into your life.
Hint: bring candles.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Decorative Arts & Design > Decorative Arts
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays > Holidays > Christmas
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > European > Scandinavian
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Colouring Books for Grown-Ups > Religious & Inspirational
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Decorating
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Interior Decorating
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Self-Help > Art Therapy & Relaxation
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Self-Help > Happiness
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides
- Books > Travel & Tourism