- Product Dimensions: 27.9 x 6.4 x 26.7 cm ; 295 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 304 g
- Item Model Number: 413-Black-One Size
- ASIN: B000F1RGBU
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 4 May 2018
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
8,676 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #26 in Folding Umbrellas
Lewis N. Clark Automatic Travel Umbrella, Black (Black) - 413-Black-One Size
|Price:||+ $9.87 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF: Teflon like coating repels water to keep you dry. Rated by the Wirecutter as the best umbrella 2 years in a row, it survived being turned inside out 20 times in 30mph winds without breaking.
- COMPACT UMBRELLA: Full size umbrella, measuring 38-inch canopy with 16-inch arm length automatically opens/closes with a touch of a button, and folds down into a compact 11 inches.
- DURABLE: This sturdy umbrella is built to last! Constructed of metal ribs and a 3-fold, chrome-plated steel shaft, lightweight, flexible fiberglass tips, and rust and corrosion-resistant frame offers protection against both rain and wind.
- MILDEW-RESISTANT: Quick-Drying polyester with mildew-resistant protectant. Includes a mold-resistant storage sleeve guaranteed to keep your handbag, duffle, tote or briefcase dry.
- GUARANTEE: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty (from date of purchase). If our umbrella fails you in any way the first year let us know and we will replace it, free of charge.
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Weighing in at just 10 ounces, the Lewis N. Clark umbrella is perfect for traveling and the everyday. Constructed of sturdy metal ribs and a 3-fold chrome-plated steel shaft, along with lightweight and flexible fiberglass tips, the rust- and corrosion-resistant frame offers protection against both rain and wind.
The water-resistant material as well as the ample 38in canopy ensure that you’ll stay as dry as possible whether you’re walking to your car or to the Eiffel Tower.
The accompanying mold-resistant sleeve effortlessly slips into totes, handbags, duffels, briefcases, and glove compartments, making it easily accessible no matter where you go. Additionally, the rubberized non-slip handle makes it easy to hold the umbrella against high winds.
With its automatic open/close button, you’ll have one hand free for holding your coffee, opening doors, pulling along your suitcase, or even talking on your phone. Additionally, the pressure required to open the canopy will ensure that it doesn’t accidentally open while it’s being jostled around in your purse or bag.
Rated by the Wirecutter as the best umbrella 2 years in a row, it survived being turned inside out 20 times in 30mph winds without breaking during their trials.
Available in both classic black as well as bright colors to distinguish yours from the crowd, this umbrella will help protect you and your belongings from the elements. Rainy days no longer have to be gloomy days!
From the manufacturer
Teflon-like coating repels water to keep you dry. It survived being turned inside out 20 times in 30mph winds without breaking.
With its automatic open/close one-touch button, you'll have a hand free for holding your coffee, opening doors, pulling a suitcase, or talking on your phone.
Full size umbrella with an oversize 38-inch canopy and a 16-inch arm length, yet folds down into a super compact 11 inches. Effortlessly slips into totes, handbags, duffels, briefcases, and glove compartments.
Weighing in at just 10 ounces, it's constructed of sturdy metal ribs along with lightweight and flexible fiberglass tips, the Lewis N. Clark umbrella is perfect for traveling and everyday use.
No customer reviews
|5 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 100% (100%)||100%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Okay here's my story :) ... to give credit where it is due, the umbrellas did last past the manufacturer's one year warranty ... I was a bit annoyed at first in that according to my daughter one umbrella gave problems from the very start when it was used... the other umbrella (bought two) worked well for my son but failed close to the 2 year mark... the reason I was annoyed was that (at the time of the purchase at least) the umbrellas were touted quite highly by the wirecutter (google them :) ) as being high quality umbrellas that are supposed to last for a while, something the manufacturer makes reference to as well if you check the product description here on amazon. In my case the umbrellas failed just short of the 2 year mark and I was hoping to at least get a good 3 to 5 years of use out of them given all the positive things the wirecutter and reviews here in general had to say about them :) ..
Checked the reviews here on amazon, including the one by Fscfsc indicating that once the one year warranty is up, that's it, you're out of luck and the manufacturer isn't going to do anything about it... okay, fair enough but I still emailed the manufacturer and.. very politely and nicely (I hope I came across that way at least :) ) let them know I was disappointed and why and acknowledged that while I knew they couldn't do anything about it since the one year manufacturer warranty was up, I was hoping that they could forward my reviews to their quality and design department since I was guessing they expected their umbrellas to last longer than two years :) ( I should point out that the one umbrella that might have had issues from the beginning did not see frequent use although the second umbrella probably did).
I got a pleasant surprise... not only did they email me back, they apologized and shipped out two replacement umbrellas for free at no charge whatsoever to me :) .. checked them out today when they arrived in the mail, both work fine as far as I can tell though obviously they need to stand the "test of time" (use out there in the rainy weather) before we can say for sure... still, at least 5 stars for the customer service alone :) ... I'm pretty good about updating my reviews so if I don't update this review any further assume I got at least 3 years of use out of the umbrellas :) ...
I should point out that my experience may or may not be the same one you experience as far as reaching out to the manufacturer... poor Fscfsc had worse luck than I did for example in this regard (I believe his or her review - don't want to assume gender :) .. shows up first under the negative reviews on here) ... but this shows that it doesn't hurt to ask even when you're 100 percent sure as I was that there's not much that will come out of it (and as mentioned above I was pleasantly mistaken :) ) .. if you like, you can google "lewis and clark umbrellas" to bring them up and scroll down to the "contact page" at the bottom (I should point out that they responded to me VERY quickly which was also very nice, a lot of companies take weeks to respond assuming they respond at all :P ) ...
My teenage children (who both take good care of their stuff, trust me :) ) assure me that the umbrellas themselves do good job of keeping the rain off them so that's good :) ...
After a few years, there are some mildew stains where the fabric meets the metal. Likely due to closing and storing before it completely dried out (read: user error). This is apparent on the green color, prob would not even notice on black.
Great quality for the price - just get one!
In the year of use, I can only remember it flipping once or twice, in very, very high winds. Even after flipping, when most umbrellas' days would be numbered, this umbrella lived on. You can go to Walgreens and spend $10 on an umbrella for the weekend, or you can buy this one, and use it for at least a year. I recommend the latter.