- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Walter Foster (23 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1633223426
- ISBN-13: 978-1633223424
- Product Dimensions: 23.5 x 1.9 x 30.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 726 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 119,462 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $11.05 Delivery
Lettering with Purpose: Creative techniques and prompts for making meaningful, inspirational hand-lettered art Paperback – 23 Aug 2017
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
From the Publisher
Technique: Plaid Letters
Plaid letters are so easy to create and will make you look like a pro. Begin by sketching the letters with a Dual Brush Pen. Then, using a light box, place a piece of mixed media paper on top and trace the letters with a monoline pen in a coordinating color for your plaid design. Mine is red and black, so I traced the letters in black.
Next color in all the letters. Then grab a ruler and add vertical and horizontal lines throughout the letters with coordinating colors. Be sure to vary the line spacing and thickness to avoid creating a checkerboard effect instead of plaid.
I recommend that you always choose at least one color for the lines that is slightly lighter than you think it should be—this creates a nice transparent look when it intersects with the darker lines.
Dynamic Prompts to Inspire Your Lettering
If you need a boost as you move forward in your lettering journey, or find yourself in a creative rut, use these prompts to spur your imagination and get your pen moving. Find 97 more in The Art of Brush Lettering.
1) When trying new things, it’s easy to get discouraged at first if you don’t see immediate results. Take a step back from your work and, instead of focusing on the flaws, focus on how beautiful your handmade work is! Letter a word or phrase about beauty.
2) Colors are often used to evoke emotion. Letter your favorite color or a quote or phrase about your favorite color. Bonus points if you letter it in the corresponding color.
3) Choose your favorite book and re imagine the cover artwork hand lettered by you.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|