- Paperback: 356 pages
- Publisher: Claire McAuliffe (6 August 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0648263401
- ISBN-13: 978-0648263401
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.9 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 381 g
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 139,992 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Lessons From A Cult Survivor Paperback – 1 Aug 2018
|New from||Used from|
"Claire's story is one that would shock most people, but it is her ability to rise from her circumstances and her desire to help others do the same that inspires me. She's able to share her story with strength, courage and insight to create a powerful message that resonates with people facing any number of challenges. Claire is a powerhouse of hope, spirit and determination and her success on the TEDx stages is a true testament to her ability to engage and inspire her audiences." Natasha Vanzetti ACT Australia.
"Claire is one of the most inspirational women I’ve had the pleasure to meet. Her story shows that even in one of the most extreme examples of entrapment, a woman who is determined to find a way out and create a better life, will!
Claire broke free from physical, psychological, financial and spiritual control which the sect and the cult had used to hold her and her children captive for many years, and went on to create a magnificent life for her family. There can be no greater inspirational story for women than this!
Claire’s courage, determination, positivity and knowledge show women the victory that is possible, when they believe in themselves.
Claire genuinely and passionately cares about women and children regaining their power, knowing their value, and living the life they deserve." Faye Hurley, UK.
About the Author
Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For a first time writer, Claire has moved me with her words.
I am thankful for her courageous testimony, as by sharing her story, Claire is helping to shed light on the damaging fundamentalism that occurs in these Catholic sects, which is disastrously misaligned with the teachings of the regular Catholic Church. This book especially great for those who have experienced abuse within Catholic sects themselves as it is a confirmation of the massive problems that many have experienced within these (sometimes well intended) but frighteningly fundamentalist and destructive groups.
To anyone who is interested in the subject of cults and indoctrination, it is a fascinating and educational read.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Australian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Family & Lifestyle > Parenting & Family > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Families
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions, Practices & Sacred Texts > Cults
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides