Have you thought about using Lean in your business or organization, but are not really sure how to implement it? Or perhaps you're already using Lean, but you need to get up to speed. Lean For Dummies shows you how to do more with less and create an enterprise that embraces change. In plain-English, this friendly guide explores the general overview of Lean, how flow and the value stream works, and the best ways to apply Lean to your enterprise.
This revised edition includes the latest tools, advice, and information that can be used by everyone — from major corporations to small business, from non-profits and hospitals to manufacturers and service corporations. In addition, it takes a look at the successes and failures of earlier Lean pioneers — including Toyota, the inventors of Lean — and offer case studies and hands-on advice.
- The latest on the Six Sigma and Lean movements
- The role of technology and the expanding Lean toolbox
- Case studies enhance the material
Lean For Dummies gives today's business owners and upper level management in companies of all sizes and in all industries, the tools and information they need to streamline process and operate more efficiently.
From the Back Cover
Take charge and engage your enterprise in a Lean transformation
Competitive pressures force everyone to satisfy more demanding customers while using less of everything time, energy, space, materials, and money. Updated with the latest tools, advice, and information, this no–nonsense guide shows you how to apply the proven philosophies and techniques of Lean to eliminate waste and maximize the effectiveness of your resources.
- Lean 101 get the skinny on the logic of Lean, from its principles to the language and lexicon of Lean
- Power to the people explore the often–overlooked "Respect for People" aspect of Lean to truly grasp the human side of change
- Go with the flow understand the way value is created and flowed to the customer
- Fasten your toolbelt find easy–to–follow explanations of the many customer, value stream, flow, pull, perfection, and management tools of Lean
- It′s a Lean, Lean world take a tour of the many aspects of a Lean enterprise, from management and product development to production processes and the quality organization
"By emphasizing Lean principles and insisting on cultural transformation, Sayer and Williams empower the reader to create a lasting culture of continuous improvement."
Robert Miller, Executive Director, The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence
Open the book and find:
- The common tools, principles, and practices of Lean
- How to lead and manage a Lean organization
- Step–by–step instructions for value–stream mapping
- Five real–life case studies using Lean in different organizations
- The best practices of Lean
- How to apply Lean in different industries
- Ten pitfalls to avoid
- Resources you can turn to for additional help
- "Go Lean" within your organization and create an environment that embraces change
- Deliver maximum customer value to create a competitive advantage
- Operate your business effectively do more with less