DescriptionVoice control for your LIFX lights just got more intuitive. Alexa now includes added colour control – giving you more ways to set your mood lighting.
Alexa recognizes everyday phrases such as “Make the lights warmer” and “change lights to incandescent” to make controlling your home conversational!
Here are some of our favourite phrases to get started:
“Alexa, turn on the lights”
“Alexa, set Kitchen lights to 50%”
“Alexa, set the lights to red”
“Alexa, set the lights to warm white”
“Alexa, make the lights cooler”
“Alexa, dim the Kitchen light”
You can also activate your LIFX scenes with Alexa. To learn how to create a Scene in LIFX see https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/articles/204074724-Scenes-in-the-LIFX-app. For example, if you’ve got a Movie Night scene you can try:
“Alexa, turn on Movie Night”
To control multiple lights at once, use the Alexa app to group your lights - to learn how see https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201749250. For example if you’ve created groups called Kitchen or Bedroom you can try:
“Alexa, dim the Bedroom lights by 25%”
“Alexa, set the Living Room to cool white”
All LIFX lights can display a full range of warm and cool whites. Try asking Alexa for: "Warm White", "Soft White", "White", "Daylight", "Cool White"
And if your LIFX light supports colours, try asking Alexa for: “White", "Red", "Orange", "Green", "Blue", "Yellow", "Pink", "Purple", "Violet", "Turquoise", "Magenta", "Fuchsia", "Gold", "Cyan", "Lime", "Sky Blue", "Lavender", "Crimson", "Salmon" or ”Teal"
READY TO GET STARTED?
1. Open the Alexa App
2. Click "Home" in the upper left hand corner
3. Then select "Smart Home"
4. Go to "Smart Home Skills"
5. Click "Enable Skills"
6. Search for "LIFX"
7. Install the "LIFX Optimized for Smart Home" Skill
To use this skill you will need a LIFX account and LIFX lights. You can create a LIFX account using the LIFX application on iOS or Android.
Smart Home Skill.
This skill may share device information with Amazon.
This skill contains
The content of this skill is appropriate for most users. This skill may include account linking, personal information collection, advertisements, location detection or location-based services or infrequent or mild examples of the types of content included below:
- Nudity or descriptions of nudity within medical, informational or artistic contexts
- Infrequent or mild references to cultural or religious intolerance
- Infrequent or mild realistic, cartoon or fantasy violence or descriptions of violence
- Infrequent or mild references to alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Infrequent or mild sexual and suggestive themes
- Infrequent use of mild profanity and crude humour
- User-generated content
- Music and video skills may occasionally include strong profanity and sexual or suggestive themes
This skill contains dynamic content, which is content that is updated real-time based on inputs from the developer. The maturity rating associated with this skill pertains only to the content of the skill at the time of the submission.