Being able to lead effectively is one of the most important skills you need to develop to succeed in Supervision, Management, or Leadership in just about any organization. But, if you’ve ever had a leadership position, you know how difficult this can be.
Focus Your Efforts on Leadership that Succeeds versus Leadership that Fails
Leadership efforts that succeed usually contain 8 key elements. These are:
• Being proactive and willing to act.
• Setting and communicating a clear vision and direction.
• Establishing and maintaining credibility with the people you’re trying to lead.
• Getting commitment.
• Setting the example.
• Empowering others to do what needs to be done.
• Confronting and overcoming barriers and obstacles.
• Managing accomplishment of day-to-day efforts.
On the other hand, leadership efforts that fail, usually don’t meet all of these criteria. They are often lacking, and seriously so in one of the key areas.
The problem for most leaders is that most of the work on leadership is far too theoretical and doesn’t provide the type of practical guidance you need to apply it day-to-day.
To remedy this, and help leaders focus their activities on the actions needed to be successful, the "LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK", is a tool based on the 8 key elements that you can use on a day-to-day basis to enhance your ability to lead effectively. It provides key actions that you need to focus on in each of the 8 areas. You can use these to develop your own customized leadership plan to fit the situation you face.
You can use this tool in all kinds of situations that require the use of basic leadership skills -- from situations that you may face as a Supervisor, Manager or Project Leader, to complex high-level leadership activities, such as providing Executive Leadership for an organization. It’s suitable for use in all types of organizations whether they be companies, non-profits, governmental organizations, or volunteer groups.
Also included are:
• A case study showing an example of how a Senior Manager, Manager and Supervisor used the Framework to start to identify the specific leadership actions they needed to take on a large change initiative.
• An Application Guide to show you how to apply the Framework to situations you face.
• A Coaching Guide showing you how to coach other leaders (your reports, colleagues, etc.) on how to use the Framework.
A Tool You Can Use Over and Over
Designed specifically for e-book users, this version of the “LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK” is something you’ll want to keep on hand and refer to often whenever you’re in a leadership position.