Kombucha Brewing Kit with Organic Kombucha Scoby. Includes Glass Brew Jar, Organic Kombucha Loose Leaf Tea, Temperature Gauge, Organic Sugar and More!
- MADE BY KOMBUCHA BREWERS FOR KOMBUCHA BREWERS: This kit has helped hundreds of thousands of people just like you become rockstar kombucha home brewers! Including only 100% organic ingredients, you'll have everything you need to start brewing as soon as it arrives and the kombucha culture and equipment to keep you going for years.
- QUALITY PRODUCTS: We've already done the research and design for you - the included 1 Gallon Brewing Jar is made of thick American glass and built to last. Screen printed on the side of the brew jar is our unique Brew Notes feature, allowing you to keep track of the details of each brew. Our custom pH test strips and temperature gauge will help you monitor your brew's progress. Feel lost at any point? Our customer support team is here to quickly answer any of your questions along the way.
- EXPERT KNOWLEDGE: More educational material than any other kit on the market - we ensure your brewing success! Our fan favorite brewing instructions take all the guesswork out of brewing for the first time. When you're done with your initial brew, the included 16 page Post-Brewing Guide will walk you through how to bottle your brew, experiment with different flavors and care for your kombucha culture.
- CERTAIN TO GROW: Our kombucha cultures are commercially grown using only purified water, organic sugar, organic teas and organic kombucha starter. We take pride in growing the healthiest, happiest kombucha cultures possible so you can start off brewing on the right foot.
- THE PERFECT PRESENT: This complete and beautiful kit is sure to be the perfect present for any kombucha fan in your life!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
All the supplies you need to start home brewing Kombucha today! Includes detailed, step by step directions so you can feel confident brewing the very first time. This kit comes with all ingredients needed to make the first batch, and the specialty culture and equipment allows you to brew indefinitely. Your Kombucha Brewing Kit includes: 1 Gallon Glass Brew Jar w/ lid, Organic Kombucha Culture & 8oz. Organic Liquid Kombuca Starter Tea, 1/2 lb. Organic Cane Sugar, 15g Organic Tea Blend by Rishi Tea, Reusable Cotton Tea Bag, Temperature Gauge, Cotton Cover & Rubberband, 15 pH Test Strips, Pipet Straw, and Step by Step Directions
From the manufacturer
American Made, High Quality Tools
The only kit on the market with pH Strips custom made for kombucha testing to better measure the acidic side of the pH scale. Made in NY, USA
Our unique Brew Notes feature on the side of our jar helps you keep track of your brews better, which leads to a deeper understanding of your craft and tastier kombucha! This FDA Food Grade glass brew jar is made in Kentucky and screen printed in Milwaukee, WI.
Made just outside Chicago, IL, our temperature gauges last for years. The degrees are listed larger in F° for easy monitoring.
Expert Content & Customer Support
Our detailed step by step directions are fool proof! We take all of the guesswork out of brewing for the first time, making it easy, quick and fun.
We're the only kit on the market that deeply focuses on brewing education. Our learning materials answer every question you could have along the way. And in our Post-Brewing Guide, we teach you how to flavor for an incredible tasting kombucha sure to outdo even your favorite store bought brand.
Our knowledgeable team of brewers and customer support staff are here for you every step of the way! Need brewing or order support? A real human in Madison, WI will email you back pronto.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
And the scoby arrived healthy as can be despite it being shipped to me in the middle of a canadian winter!
I actually got two kits so I could have a steady supply, and just got a couple 6 packs of pressure clamp Homebrew style glass bottles 16 ounces. Each batch of kombucha fills 6 bottles and at the store they cost about $4 so 6x$4 (8 batches) = my kits have already more than paid for themselves and I got the fun of fermentation at home.
Keep in mind in Pacific island regions where this style of fermented drink originated, they tend to drink smaller quantities at a time. You can have too much of a good thing. I don't drink more than one total per day or split one with my hubby. This tends to avoid adverse reaction and such as gas/discomfort.
My personal favorite recipe is tumeric , ginger and orange juice I mix fresh in my blender and add 1-2 ounces at the bottom of the bottle during the second fermentation. Also if you wait a bit longer 10-12 days vs 7 you get more of a kick/ less surgery since you are down to 15% sugar left versus around the 30% at day 7. I prefer the bitter, more beer like flavor but it's fun to experiment to find your own preferences.
Highly recommend this kit; although it kinda inspired this rabbit hole of fermenting foods ( saurkraut, pickled beets, tempeh) for me. So beware, your family may start calling you witch doctor :D
If you purchase this kit as your first Kombucha investment, you can brew your kombucha forever only with additional tea leaves and sugar.
::: Additional purchase that I made :::
- I also bought a glass bottles and OXO funnel to store / for second fermentation after brewing Kombucha since I purchased the Original set.
- I’m thinking of buying another 1/2 -1 gallon glass jar to make more for my husband, too.
- I bought some black tea and organic cane sugar for second + batches. I accidentally used Earl grey tea. Oops. (Lots of websites say that the bergamot oils in earl grey can kill kombucha scoby. ) However, my scoby seems okay for now and earl grey kombucha tastes super delicious. Totally worth it but , maybe not recommend to take that risk 😜
::: Time for brewing :::
It took 7-10 days for Kombucha brewing and 2-4 days for 2nd fermentation. It’s good idea to start brewing another batch right after you are done with your 1st kombucha.
Unfortunately, the instructions were not in the catalog description. In reality, had they been present, I would not have purchased it. This is why I gave it 2 stars.
The kit cost $44.95 but it requires an additional $54 for the kit to be functional. As the following suggests, might need two more or totaling $297. The process from the start to your first cup of kombucha will take 16-33 days. The finished brew has to be stored in the fridge; so, seven 16 oz storage bottles (6 bottles with Grolsch caps cost $24) are needed. True, you don't have to buy them, but finding the proper size with good caps will be a pain. The brewing temperature needs to be 74-80 degs F. My house is normally 70 degs F so, I will need to buy a $30 heater, if I want the brew time to be less than 33 days. Then, after 16-33 days you will have 13.5 oz cups to drink over the next 16-33 day brew cycle or one or one half cup per day. Likely you will want more for guests, family, or your self, so one needs at least one more brew kit $44.95 to make 67 cups. Thus, one has to start the next brew cycle right away just to double the volume. Now you will need more storage bottles at at $4 each.
Kombucha is really delicious, so likely 67 cups a fortnight or more may not be adequate. Kombucha has to be refrigerated, so, lots of refrigerator space is needed. Ours is always full. Also, another $30 heater will be needed. The alternative: buy it at a store at $2.50 per 16 oz bottle. The store bottles are really sturdy which could be used in place of the Grolsch bottles. Just saying.