Funny, yet sad. Tragic, without being a tragedy. This story is one of the best stories that I have read. I enjoyed reading it from page one. I learned a lot about Afghan life and culture and traditions in the few hours that it took to read this book than what I would have expected to learn in a lifetime. It is a lesson in karma. It is a lesson in courage. In fact, if you look hard enough all of us will learn a bit about ourselves. All through the story, we will be challenged as to how we would react or perform under each circumstance, had we been confronted, in the same way.
Before reading this book, I would have said it was not my cup of tea. Not the usual story that I am likely to read. Yet, I read it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend this to any one brave enough to step out of their comfort zone.
- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury; 1 edition (1 December 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0747588945
- ISBN-13: 978-0747588948
- Product Dimensions: 14.3 x 3.3 x 22.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 540 g
- Average Customer Review: 58 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,201 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)