I have been training Kendo for about 15 months. There are so many things in this book I wish I had known about earlier in my training. I'm going to recommend it to students in our dojo's beginner class. The book has links to many of Imafuji Sensei's videos, giving it a very rich range of content. I shared the section on how to hold a Shinai with one of my Sempai, who also teaches the beginning class. He said that the "number 1" hand gesture, was a very useful method of showing new students how to have the correct grip.
I hope many people purchase this book. There isn't anything out there that I've seen that has information really geared for beginners.
- Paperback: 102 pages
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub (27 August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1463695330
- ISBN-13: 978-1463695330
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 0.7 x 27.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 327 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
85,362 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #147 in Martial Arts (Books)