KastKing Summer and Centron Spinning Reels, 9 +1 BB Light Weight, Ultra Smooth Powerful, Size 500 is Perfect for Ultralight/Ice Fishing.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GREAT VALUE - Loaded with features yet low on price. KastKing Summer/Centron offers the best value...at any level. The KastKing Summer Fishing Reel turns any angler into a PRO.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - narrow graphite frame design and computer balancing system combined with high performance in the compact Spinning Reel makes KastKing Summer/Centron an awesome gift for anybody who loves fishing.
- HIGH POWERED - KastKing Summer/Centron spinning reel's Superior Drag System offers incredible stopping power up to 17.5LBs. It has a hardened metal main shaft, perfect mesh drive gear and precision machined pinion gear for fish fighting power.
- SMOOTH PERFORMANCE - Summer/Centron's nine quality ball bearings and one instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing give it ultra-smooth performance.
- LOOKING GOOD - Summer/Centron's attractive, brilliant finish and its high strength two color anodized aluminum spool, with a power launch lip for farther casting, holds more line than competitor's models that sell for much more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The good - Looks awesome! Super quiet when reeling. No bail closing snap-back. Doesn't seem to twist the line like other spin cast reels. Almost as smooth as the high-dollar brands. Feels expensive!
The bad - The crank handle is a little small for someone with large hands. I've never heard of this brand before seeing it on Amazon.
Overall, really impressed with this brand. There's no way you can beat this for the money, it feels better than many $100 reels, and almost as good as a $200 reel.
**UPDATE** one year later
Still my favorite reel. I've used the Centron in freshwater and the Summer in saltwater each over 100 times this year. The Centron is still 100% perfect. The Summer still has zero slop and works perfect except the drag no longer clicks... but let's look at it's price, the way I've treated it, and it's environment. Best price for it's quality. I have never taken it apart and cleaned it, ever. Salt water and Florida sun destroys everything, except this reel! I did just buy some reel grease, so hopefully that brings the drag click back. If it doesn't, I'll update. Still 5 stars!
The Summer's drag click has physically broken. The little spring loaded piece that makes the drag click was twisted and the tip was broken off. No corrosion at all on the piece so I have no idea what made it break. It did last a year and a half, roughly 150 days of 12hr+ Florida Salt Water fishing. That's about 1800 hours of abuse. Not bad. It's just unfortunate that a part that wasn't affected by rust was the part that broke, but it went out like a champ on a 38 inch Snook.
Immediately opening the box and holding the reel in my hand this was a winner.
* The 5000 has some good weight and make sure you acquire the proper rod to offset and balance. This 5000 is a great snapper reel!
* It has a nice pushbutton break on the knob allowing for appropriate storage.
* Very smooth spinning action right out of the box.
* Easy forward and reverse switch accessible on the front base of the reel.
* The drag is also very stable and smooth, and not wobbly like some other poorly made reels.
* Overall well constructed and likely why the few extra ounces in weight.
* $30 is a steal compared to the more expensive brands and you are getting equal or better quality with this KastKing.
* The reel felt a little heavier compared to comparable Penn model, but again you get quality and a great price with this reel.
* Improve the timing or closure of an open bail. I opened the bail and started to spin the handle expecting the bail to close easily. It was not easy and took a more force that I am accustomed to however it might just require some break-in time.
Regardless if you are looking for a reliable and affordable inshore reel or off-shore you can't go wrong. I'm proud to add this 5000 and soon a 3000 KastKing to my collection.
EDIT: Had this for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Using 25lb kastking braided line. Caught 5 sea robin back to back and had ZERO issue bringing it in. 2 big sea robin and 3 smaller ones. Even with the rod bending it had no trouble handling the stress. I have a Shimano sedona on my rod and my sons reel was as smooth and powerful as mine at 1/3 the cost. VERY satisfied. Going to be ordering another for my rod and the Sharkey 3 for my 8ft rod.