Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
A couple years ago, a friend recommended getting some Chaco flip flops. They were a marked improvement from the dollar pair of flip flops you find at a Target or Walmart. But the cost was also close to $120 at the time, so they were more of an investment as well. But I have loved those Chacos and worn them well. Until this year. This year I discovered that instead of replacing my flip flop sandals, KEEN has some open toed ones too! At a fraction of the cost, i was stoked!
My immediate reaction was that the KEEN flip flop had a significant more heel support than the Chaco. In fact, you can see the side-by-side in the picture. It is nearly twice the support. This plays a tremendous role in how comfortable they are wearing around. You feel less like you are wearing a flat uncomfortable flip flop and more like you are wearing a well-coushined tennis shoe! So comfort level is off the charts in my opinion.
I have had these for a few weeks now, and my initial reaction was that they were significantly more narrow than the Chaco. That threw me off a little as I felt the Chaco had a wide foot base. But as I have worn these more and more, I like them more and more and they feel more "intelligent" in the design (my best way to describe how I feel about it). So the foot design is on point in my opinion.
The traction doesn't even compare to Chacos. Yes, these are flip flops. No, I am not going to hike in them. But doggone it, these KEENS have a LOT of traction for a FLIP FLOP! I love it! They are great!
I wear a 9 1/2 shoe, and got the "10" size sandal and they fit like a glove.
I'm telling you, these KEEN flip are really an outstanding purchase! Far and away the best flip I have seen and certainly the best one I have ever owned.
Bravo KEEN. You win again!
- The arch support is really good.
- There is plenty of cushion across the entire footbed (maybe even too much).
- The straps seem well anchored in the base, which along with the abundance of tread material should make these last a long time.
- I don't particularly like the closed-cell foam used to make the top portion of the sandal where the foot makes contact - it is too slippery, especially when wet.
- The stitching on the inside of the straps is prominent and does rub the top your feet which could cause an abrasion after a long period of walking.
- The heel of the sandals is really thick, and it makes me feel like I'm constantly sliding forward against the toe strap when walking.
Fit: I have wider feet and they fit true to size. The cross strap feels a little loose but I got used to it and it's not bothersome.
Bottom line: if you think you need flip flops and you're not usually a flip flop guy, give these a try.