Just For Men Control Gx 5 Ounce Shampoo Grey Reducing Boxed (147 Milliliter)
|Price:||+ $7.50 Delivery|
- Subtle, Natural-Looking Results,
- Cleans And Revitalizes Hair,
- Gradually Reduces Gray, For Any Shade Of Hair
- DO NOT use on hair that has been lightened, bleached, highlighted or colored.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Subtle, Natural-Looking Results, Cleans And Revitalizes Hair, Gradually Reduces Gray, For Any Shade Of Hair, DO NOT use on hair that has been lightened, bleached, highlighted or colored.
Water/Aqua, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Ethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, N,N-Bis (2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Acetic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, 1,2,4-Trihydroxybenzene, Cetearyl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Sodium Sulfite, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearamide AMP, Panthenol, Manganese Sulfate, p-Aminophenol, Sorbic Acid, Etidronic Acid, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Linalool.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros -The product works as described.
Cons -Prodcuct does have a real chemical smell and I have to use gloves (hence 4 star review)
Top international reviews
Squeeze a 15mm blob onto the palm and spread it over the hair into a lather. Leave it for 2 minutes while you wash your body etc then rinse off. Make sure you don’t let any air up into the tube or it will go black, as the product reacts with air, so close the lid while you still have light pressure on the tube. Although I use it about 5 washes a week, 1 tube lasts about 10 weeks, so it works out to be less than £1 a week for me to look several years younger without all the bother of permanent hair dye methods which always look fake.
It was enough for my girlfriend to make a comment about whether or not I had finally tried the shampoo I got!
I would say it's a good product, it doesn't really target grey hair but it definitely reduces it, however it does also make your overall colour a couple of shades darker. Now that I am in "maintenance mode" I'll keep using it as it's easier than dye, but would suggest people who aren't using any hair colouring products to cover their greys, just to skip this and go to Just for Men. If your overall hair colour is going to change, may as well get it over and done with in one go.
If you want that gradual change though, this works great.
I did some research before plumping for this, I heard concerns about dye on fingers and fittings, but got to say not had an issue. I wash my hair normally, plop a bit of this stuff on rub it in with flats of my fingers, stand around a bit and then rinse out. Very easy. Doesn’t leave a chemical smell. Doesn’t leave stains.
For less than a tenner a month, or more, it’s a complete no brainier.
I have medium to dark brown hair (or at least used to once upon a time). In my experience it will darken your greys and make them less obvious but it is by no means a perfect solution. If you use it then be patient - it will take a while to be noticeable (but also don't over-do it unless you want black hair!)
This was MY process, that suited me.
How I used it.
1. Quickly Pre shampooed my hair in the sink with Alfaparf SDL Purify shampoo twice to remove product build up and to prep hair. Hair is left damp not wet.
2. Wearing gloves, put a decent amount of Grey shampoo into the palm of your hand and massage into hair. Quick comb through.
3. Jump into the shower and wash yourself as normal. (I’m a fella so takes about 5 mins MAX). Don’t Rinse your hair.
4. Get out of shower, go to sink and RINSE your hair! Pat hair dry with DARK towel.
I do it this way for 2 reasons. One, to allow longer time for grey coverage. And two, so I don’t stain my tiles (I’m not taking any chances lol). Worked a treat. (Once I didn’t wear gloves it stained my hand, gloves is recommended)
Highly recommended. I was nervous about this product but actually turned out amazing.
Firstly you must do the skin test where you put a bit on yourself and make sure you aren't allergic to the ingrediants for 24/48 hours, then once that test didn't produce any nasty skin complaints then you are good to go. In the shower just wet your hair, squeeze a bit into one hand and apply to your hair, leave on for the recommended minute or so, rinse your hair then use your usual stuff as normal. After a few uses the greys start to lessen and you get to look a bit younger with each use.
You must remember that once your hair starts to look how you like it, keep up using this every other day or once in 3 days to maintain the colouration. I find it works really well after a haircut and darkens short hair nicely.
One small thing to note is to make sure you don't let the suds stay on your fingernails for more than a few seconds, as they are made of the same material as your hair (keratin) and they will become coloured the same way your hair.
All in all a good product, makes me look younger, cheaper than going to a hairdresser and zero side effects for me.
Worked well for me.
- The above absolute consecutives first 2-3 times, will reduce your white hair ; but most probably you can't notice any difference. The same will happen will all your relatives, friends, colleagues, etc. The next step (about once in a week) will maintain the previous(non-noticable) reduction. However, every day all the people you meet will use to see your (reduced grey) color, but without understand anything. I repeat: Even you, that u know what's happening is very difficult to understand any change. But in fact it exists a change!
- After a resonable period - let's say 1 month - repeat the first paragraph. Three consecutives days with Control GX, leave it 45-60sec. Then stop it, use your shampoo and again once in a week wash with Control GX. Stay another month in this phase. People arroung you, very slow, unconsciously and gradually will use to see your hair color.
- At the moment you will have reached your final color that you wish, you can make only maintenance - that means - Control GX, once in a 5-8 days.
My method maybe takes longer time to the final color target but is TOTALLY INVISIBLE to your enviroment.
PS1) I have noticed that besides it "paints" the white hairs, it also darkens the already dark hairs.
PS2). As have been said by other, always use some gloves, because it affects (darkens) the color of your nails.
PS3) Nobody knows yet, if it harms the health of the hair in the long run.
In addition, it speeds up hair lost (may be because of many chemicals inside). I prefer white hair to no hair.
After reading some other reviews, I decided to give it another go, but in a different way. This time, I just combed a reasonable amount of the product through dry hair, not allowing it to come into contact with my scalp, and left it for 4-5 minutes, before rinsing, then shampooing and conditioning my hair as normal.
End result - hair noticeably darker, no scalp irritation.
I've used 3 times in total now in this way, and 80% of my gray is gone, which is about where I want it to be (not going to dye my entire head dark brown, I'm not fooling anyone that I'm 20).
It does dry your hair out somewhat, but this is mainly solved by just liberally applying good quality conditioner after rinsing it out.
Works pretty well, price is reasonable, just don't let it come into contact with your skin - there's nothing to be gained by doing so.
Excellent product - have tried other Just For Men and other brands, however shampoo is the easiest to use and also get a very uniform result that you can maintain based on your preferences.
My only concern is if it contains harmful substances that will create a problem on the longterrm (i.e. gradually they are absorbed through the skin and cause problems )- Apart from this concern everything looks and appears excellent