Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Joseph Alexander
Joseph Alexander has been a guitarist and expert music tutor for over 20 years. His tuition books are published in four languages and have sold over 600,000 copies to widespread critical acclaim.
Currently Joseph is co-writing groundbreaking music methods with Martin Taylor, John Patitucci, Jens Larsen, Levi Clay, Ulf Wakenius, Mark Lettieri Les Wise and many more...
He is a publisher of 120 music books and his label, Fundamental Changes is currently accepting manuscripts from a new talented generation of musicians and offers 3x the standard royalty rates to educators.
www.fundamental-changes.com for over 350 free HD video lessons or to get signed as an author.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Learn guitar theory - The simple way, musical way
- Are you sick and tired of guitar theory being taught in overly complicated language?
- Are you looking to become a better musician and guitar player?
- Do you want to discover creative guitar soloing and songwriting approaches?
- Do you want to understand & use guitar scales, guitar modes and arpeggios?
- Do you want a complete guitar theory method that takes you from zero to hero in simple steps?
Master, hear and play music theory for guitar
The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitar is different. Instead of boring and meaningless guitar theory essays, it makes music come alive. In fact, you’ll quickly learn to play the theory you’re being taught.
Go from meaningless information to stunning guitar solos and songwriting.
Guitarists are often guilty of 'collecting' musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information on their instrument. Modern Music Theory for Guitarists combines cutting edge, up to date musical information with over 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing. There are also bespoke, professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine's Quist
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to construct major and minor guitar scales
- How to harmonise a scale and use chords to write songs
- The complete guide to naming chords on guitar (know your C9 from your Cadd9!)
- A breakdown of every important type of chord, and where they come from
- How to write chord progressions to create great songs
- How to change key smoothly (modulation) and how to use guitar chord qualities to make your music creative and unique
- Discover how to form guitar modes… and how to use them in your solos.
- Discover the secret of triads, arpeggios and pentatonic scales you can use to create rich-sounding solos that’ll amaze your friends
- A complete deconstruction of all the 3-note, 4-note and 5-note soloing approaches hidden in every scale
Bonus hundreds of guitar licks demonstrate every single concept
Bonus Professional backing tracks to help you practise every guitar scale
Bonus The complete guide to Roman numeral notation for short hand song writing on guitar
Bonus A ‘cheat sheet' of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
Bonus 200 audio tracks to download so you can hear every single guitar theory concept in action
Learn the guitar theory… then use it!
There are so many sources of information out there these days it's hard to know where to begin and what's important when it comes to applying music theory to the guitar. This book has been designed to take you on a journey from essential first principles through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept.
Essential guitar knowledge and musical guitar skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
The complete guide to the art of Neo-Soul guitar style and technique, featuring Mark Lettieri
Are you struggling to unravel the intricate guitar parts of Neo-Soul guitar?
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book is a one-stop shop for the multi-faceted style of Neo-Soul guitar playing. In recent times Neo-Soul has emerged as a driving force in modern music, with notable players such as Mark Lettieri (three-time Grammy award winner) and Tom Misch reinventing Neo-Soul guitar for new audiences.
Neo-Soul is a mash up of RnB, Soul, Gospel and Funk, and is a wide-ranging discipline. But authors Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens have you covered – addressing every technique you need to become a top class Neo-Soul guitar player. In fact, whatever you play, this book is full of rut-busting ideas that can be applied to any style.
On top of that, this book features original pieces by Mark Lettieri of legendary band Snarky Puppy, as well as several other complete performance pieces – all of which are demonstrated with accompanying video and audio that you can download for free.
What you’ll learn:
- The most popular Neo-Soul chord voicings and how to embellish them
- RnB chord tricks and licks
- Modern pentatonic single line licks enhanced with Neo-Soul techniques
- How to use double-stops and triple-stops to create funky grooves and fills
- Tips and tricks like the “chord quake”, “hammer-ons from nowhere”, tapping and artificial harmonics
- Two complete, original pieces by Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy, specially written for this book
- Five complete performance pieces in total, encapsulating every technique in the book
The Heart of Neo-Soul Guitar
It’s hard to listen to contemporary music and not hear some facet of Neo-Soul technique. It captures the sound of modern guitar technique – a fusion of the best parts of many different styles with a modern edge.
Neo-Soul guitar sounds impressive, but it’s not unattainable. After many years of study, Neo-Soul specialists Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens pass on their knowledge in a clear concise manner that will methodically build and develop the essential techniques you need to nail this style.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step Neo-Soul guitar guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Dozens of exercises focusing on developing essential techniques
- Complete and exclusive Neo-Soul guitar pieces to learn
- Creative, ground-breaking ideas to develop your guitar playing in new directions
- 40 beautifully conceived licks and chordal ideas to add to your vocabulary
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio you can download for FREE
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book comes with over 140 supporting audio examples you can download for free, so you can hear exactly how each one should sound, plus several online videos demonstrating the performance pieces.
Buy it now and master the sound of contemporary Neo-Soul!
Discover the Signature Moves of a Jazz Guitar Comping Legend
Are you bored of playing the same old jazz guitar chords?
Playing rhythm guitar is one thing, but going beyond that to connect the chords with beautiful melodic phrasing is called comping.
John Pisano is one of the all-time greats of jazz rhythm guitar and has worked with Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Burt Bacharach, Natalie Cole, Barbra Streisand, Diana Krall and many more. Plus, for over 35 years, he was also Joe Pass’ guitar duo partner, racking up dozens of iconic jazz guitar recordings.
Learn Authentic Jazz Comping Skills with a Master
In Jazz Guitar Comping Masterclass, John Pisano shares his creative guitar chord movements over a selection of the most famous jazz standards. Naturally, you’ll learn some immaculately crafted comping arrangements, but there’s so much more! You’ll go way beyond the typical jazz rhythm guitar parts most guitarists use, and learn to play beautifully voiced movements that decorate the chords and become an integral part of the tune itself...
... If you took away the rest of the band, your guitar part would stand alone and still entertain the crowd.
What You’ll Learn
First, you’ll take a deep dive into John’s unique strategies for creating comping movements. Here, you’ll discover the tools you can use to develop your own stunning arrangements.
In a clearly illustrated, step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to:
- Artistically embellish any chord sequence with inside and outside movements
- Add related chords to create moving chord phrases
- Connect multiple voicings of chords across the range of the neck to expand your palette
- Arrange any voicing to triple your creative options
- Harmonize chords using 6th voicings for a fresh new approach to rhythm
- Use diminished shapes to connect chords and add harmonic tension to any sequence
Learn John Pisano’s Comping Arrangements, Then Build Your Own!
Once you understand how John thinks, you’ll learn to play his beautiful, creative chord comping movements over the most common sequences in jazz. Individual chapters are dedicated to:
- Major ii V I movements
- I VI ii V (Rhythm Changes)
- Minor ii V i movements
- Latin Jazz vamps
Every example is accompanied by a detailed breakdown of what John played and why, and you’ll quickly learn to apply these strategies in your own unique voice.
Next, each collection of jazz chord phrases is followed by an etude where John demonstrates how these ideas translate into a full arrangement.
You’ll learn beautiful arrangements based on:
- Fly me to the Moon
- Embraceable You
- Have You Met Miss Jones
- I Remember You
- All the Things You Are
For each piece, John highlights exactly how he alters the chords to create fresh harmonic movements and give these classic tunes a fresh twist.
Every example is beautifully transcribed in both standard notation and TAB… but you can also hear exactly how they should sound with the FREE studio quality audio tracks available to download from our website.
Discover the perfection of The CAGED System on Guitar
- Would you like to have complete freedom to visualize and play in any key, in any position on guitar?
- Are you struggling to make music all over the neck?
- Are some parts of the guitar neck a dusty mystery to you?
The CAGED system is the Rosetta stone of understanding the way every scale, arpeggio and lick is laid out on the guitar.
But often it's taught in a cold, confusing way that doesn't relate to actual music.
The CAGED System and 100 Licks for Blues Guitar is different. You'll learn The CAGED system in conjunction with 100 useful blues licks based around the most useful scales on guitar.
Here's what you get:
- 100 top quality blues licks
- A complete method to learn the guitar neck
- Hundreds of live audio examples to download for free
- A hands on, direct method to understand and make music on the whole guitar neck
- The definitive guide to mastering The CAGED System on Guitar
Bonus Over an hour of free audio to download for free
Whether you want a complete method to learn the guitar, or just a set of 100 excellent blues licks, this book is for you.
This book helps you spread your playing all over the guitar neck and spurs creativity by teaching you an incredibly strong, visual method to ‘hang’ scales and licks off 5 simple chord shapes.
Learn the most important scales with the CAGED system - and make music now.
The CAGED System for Blues Guitar covers both Major, Minor and Blues Pentatonic Scales and The Mixolydian Mode. With 25 licks for each scale covering all 5 positions, you’ll never be short of excellent blues lines to spur your creativity.
Contained within are the tricks and secrets that professional guitarists use to unlock the neck.
Master the guitar fretboard now
The CAGED system helps you to see the fretboard like the back of your hand and to easily play in any key in any position.
This is one of the best-selling guitar books on Amazon and will improve the way you play the guitar forever.
Buy it now
Master Essential Guitar Chords and Establish Good Habits for a Lifetime
- Discover how to play every essential chord on guitar
- Understand how chords work together
- Build chord progressions and master strumming
- Understand chord theory and construction
- Instantly apply and use chords to make songs
The First 100 Chords for Guitarists
- Are you struggling to learn guitar chords?
- Would you like an effective way to memorize, play and combine chords to make music on the guitar?
- Do you want to confidently strum rhythms the right way?
- Do you want to build perfect practice habits that will stay with you for a lifetime?
The First 100 Chords for Guitar will teach you to correctly fret, strum and combine the essential chords in music to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from the first essential guitar chords to help you memorize, understand and apply chords musically.
- A proven practice routine that helps you build muscle memory, great technique and musical knowledge.
- Understanding of how to play chords the right way, and the theory of how they are constructed
- One instant trick to teach your fingers how to move - subconsciously
Bonus One: Learn to link chords together in a truly unique, musical way. Linking chords means practice is always fun as you explore creative ideas.
Bonus Two: A complete guide to essential strumming patterns on guitar.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
Most guitar beginners know a few chords but few actually understand that it is quick and easy to expand that vocabulary into hundreds of chords and colors.
The First 100 Chords for Guitar is not simply a cold list of chords, it’s a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to practice for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic chords, right through to some rich and exciting advanced voicings, you will be guided in small friendly steps. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Test Yourself! At the end of each chapter, the newly introduced chords are combined into real-life chord progressions.
How to Practice! – Also included is a detailed ‘How to Practice’ section along with dedicated chapters on Essential Strumming Patterns and some Chord Theory.
Learning chords from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Master the Circle of Fifths and Crack the Secret Code of Music Theory
Discover how to form any scale - in any key
Understand key signatures
Change key musically and effectively
Understand how to apply and hear music theory on the guitar
Instantly know the notes of any major of minor scale
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists
- Are you aware of key signatures, keys and scales but don’t quite know how they fit together?
- Would you like to have complete freedom to build and use the right scales on guitar?
- Do you want to know exactly which notes to play in any major or minor scale?
- Do you know how to change key smoothly and easily?
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists will teach you to build, understand and use the essential building-blocks of music theory to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s what you get:
- A complete course, building from the first principles of music that allows you to create, understand and master the Circle of Fifths.
- Discover how to build every major and relative minor scales.
- Understand how key signatures work and instantly know the notes of any scale
- An instant trick to tell you the notes in any key, just using by looking at your guitar fretboard!
Bonus: Learn to instantly see the relationships six ‘secret’ closely related key changes that you can use in your own writing and playing instantly.
Are you Missing part of the puzzle?
Most guitarists know a lot of scales, but few actually understand the essential principles of how they are built and how they relate to each other.
The Circle of Fifths is like an ancient ‘Rosetta Stone’ of music theory that not only tells you which notes are in any key, but also contains the secret of how every scale is built and how every scale relates to each other.
In The Circle of Fifths, you will not only learn how The Circle works, but you will also learn to build it yourself and gain instant access to the deep inner core of theory that governs everything in music.
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists shows how every key, scale, chord and modulation works in music. It’s essential knowledge of any aspiring musician.
Theory is just knowledge, but once you hear it, it becomes music. The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the theory and quickly apply the concepts to your own playing.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Master 300 Guitar Licks That Defined Four Generations
A Three-Book Compilation to Teach you the Learn the Language of the World’s 60 Greatest Guitar Players
- Learn 300 licks in the style of the world’s 60 greatest guitarists
- Master 5 genre-defining guitar licks for each player
- Combine and personalize vocabulary into your own unique style
- Get creative jamming over 60 original backing tracks
- Learn six complete guitar solos to develop your own musical language
- Discover extensive biographies and discographies for every player
The Ultimate Guitar Lick Compilation: 300 Blues, Rock and Jazz Licks for Guitar
- Are you struggling to learn the language of modern guitar?
- Want to combine new licks into meaningful, personal guitar solos?
- Do you want develop a never ending arsenal of authentic guitar licks?
300 Blues, Rock and Jazz Licks for Guitar goes way beyond every other ‘boring’ lick book, and teaches you 300 essential guitar licks in the style of the world’s 60 greatest rock guitarists…
Here’s What You Get:
- 300 Blues, Rock and Jazz licks that teach the language of 60 guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes
- Six solo studies that teach you to combine licks into musical phrases that are unique to your own musical voice
- 60 Backing tracks to make the music come alive while you develop your chops
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for free
Bonus: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own.
Go Way Beyond Traditional Guitar Lick Books
This guitar lick compilation is different to every other guitar lick book available. It’s not simply a cold list of licks, it is a breakdown of the playing styles of the world’s most important guitarists. You won’t just copy lines verbatim, you’ll internalize the language of the guitar masters and incorporate it into your everyday playing.
Along with extensive biographies and equipment advice, the musical style and the guitar licks and language of the 60 greatest players is discussed and analyzed, with 5 defining, “in the style of” licks for each legend broken down note by note.
You will learn guitar licks in the style of:
Elmore James | Albert King | B.B. King | Albert Collins | Freddie King | Otis Rush | Buddy Guy | Roy Buchanan | Jimi Hendrix | Mike Bloomfield | Johnny Winter | Eric Clapton | Peter Green | Rory Gallagher | Gary Moore | Robben Ford | Stevie Ray Vaughan | Joe Bonamassa | Derek Trucks |
Jimmy Page | Angus Young | David Gilmour | Billy Gibbons | Brian May | Keith Richards | Carlos Santana | Tomi Iommi | Ritchie Blackmore| Duane Allman | Paul Kossoff | Jeff Beck | Lindsey Buckingham | Michael Schenker | Joe Walsh | Eric Clapton | Jimi Hendrix | Peter Green | Gary Moore | Tom Scholz |
Django Reinhardt | Charlie Christian | Herb Ellis | Tal Farlow | Johnny Smith | Wes Montgomery | Barney Kessel | Jimmy Raney | Joe Pass | Jim Hall | Kenny Burrell | Grant Green | Lenny Breau | John McLaughlin | George Benson | Pat Martino | Larry Carlton | John Scofield | Mike Stern | Pat Metheny
- Are you struggling to master fingerpicking on guitar?
- Are you finding it difficult to coordinate your fingers and keep your picking smooth while you change chords?
- Do you want to confidently fingerpick chord sequences on guitar right away?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is more than just a cold list of potential ideas, it’s a complete method to teach you perfect fingerpicking technique from the ground up. Whatever your current ability, after working through this book you’ll be playing beautiful fingerstyle guitar like a seasoned pro.
- Learn to play every essential picking pattern on guitar
- Master the art of picking smoothly through chord changes – no more awkward gaps!
- Discover dozens of beautiful guitar chord sequences and learn to write your own.
- Develop perfect right- and left-hand coordination
- Instantly apply new fingerpicking patterns to any song on guitar
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar teaches you perfect fingerpicking technique, over 100 picking patterns, dozens of beautiful chord sequences, and gives you an entire method to go from your first fumbling picks to genuinely stunning performances.
In fact, it’s the perfect book for accompanists and singer-songwriters on both acoustic and electric guitar.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from first foundational plucking techniques that helps you memorize, understand and play fingerpicking patterns cleanly and musically
- A structured approach that helps you to build muscle memory, great technique and useful musical knowledge
- A complete guide to the most important guitar fingerpicking patterns for beginners, and the freedom to create your own unique ideas
- Over 170 examples and exercises written clearly in standard notation and TAB
- An instant trick to teach your fingers how to move accurately, totally subconsciously
Bonus Two: Audio downloads of every single example in the book, so you can hear what the music should sound like.
Most guitarists stumble around with a few picking patterns but don’t realise that it’s simple to develop true musical freedom and an extensive vocabulary in your picking hand.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
The First 100 Picking Patterns for Guitar is a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to build perfect technique and freedom for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic picking patterns, right through to rich, exciting and advanced concepts, you will be guided in small friendly steps on your path to plucking perfection. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Learning patterns from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music.
Master Alternate Picking For Guitar
Are you struggling to play fast alternate picked passages on guitar?
Do you need a methodical guide to alternate picking that’s packed with hundreds of exercises and powerful strategies?
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique is a complete roadmap of methodical steps that will make you the perfect picker, from zero to hero, and includes the exact steps that virtuoso rock guitarist Chris Brooks used to build his own incredible techniques.
This complete methodteaches you everything from building firm foundations to performing blazing, musical etudes via more than 90 exercises and musical examples. Everything is broken down, step-by-step, and you’ll quickly master each aspect of this essential guitar technique before moving on to the next.
The Perfect Method to Improve Alternate Picking on Guitar
Each jam-packed chapter focuses on an essential aspect of alternate picking technique and application... with plenty of licks and drills to reinforce every concept.
- Fundamental pick grips and motions – the powerhouses behind the greatest players
- Single-string picking builders and sequences to build firm technical foundations
- How to change strings correctly and avoid your pick getting “trapped”
- Pentatonic and diatonic picking licks across all strings to build speed and fluency
- Vital independence and synchronisation drills for ultimate control
- Essential scale sequences to build your musical technique
- Musical etudes that make key concepts fun and musical
- Over 90 powerful examples that advance as you do
Put Chops to Use in Real Music
Guitarists can be guilty of just playing exercises and not truly applying their technique to real music. The whole point of improving your technique is to be able to play music more easily, so in Alternate Picking Guitar Technique you’ll learn musical etudes that have been written exclusively for this book – from rocking Pentatonic tracks to classical-inspired etudes, these pieces will challenge and inspire you on your journey to intelligent, musical guitar technique.
Alternate Picking Study Bonuses
Bonus 1: Learn how to build, analyze, and update your practice routine with Chris Brooks’ complete guide to efficient practice skills
Bonus 2: Hear every single example with Chris’ exclusive audio performances that you can download for free.
Alternate Picking Guitar Technique smashes your bad habits and is the quickest pathway to perfect, expressive performances on guitar – from “open B” to “Bumblebee”! Plus, it’s also the perfect curriculum for private teachers.
Perfect your picking today and quickly become a more accurate guitarist with unlimited musical potential.
Buy it now!
• Play solos like B.B. King and John Lee Hooker
• Learn to Instinctively Play any Blues Song
• Understand Scales and Techniques so you Find the Right Notes: Every Time
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar Compilation
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don't even know where to start?
Wouldn't it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
You save 15% when you purchase all three best-selling books in this one edition!
Here's what you get...
• Over 245 Pages of Blues Guitar Mastery focusing on Rhythm Guitar, Melodic Phrasing and Beyond Pentatonics that help you play any blues song
• Over 400 Notated Audio Download Examples of Exercises, Techniques and Licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process of learning
• Over 20 Backing Tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in an Actual Musical Situation
• The Complete Blues Guitar Soloing Course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all 3 books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures... but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12 bar blues and continuing with open string riffs, dominant 7 chords, Turnarounds, and more... this book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching Rhythm, Phrasing and Placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks... melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide of everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Easily Master the Guitar Neck in Minutes
Quickly and easily learn to locate any note on the neck like it is second nature.
- How to Memorize the Fretboard Teaches you:
- Simple methods and strategies to memorize the guitar neck easily
- Clear diagrams and techniques to make learning fun and simple
- Essential Music Theory
Break Down the Guitar Neck into Easy Shapes
Unlike the piano, the same note can be played on the guitar in more than one location making their locations seem daunting to learn. This book teaches you to instantly recognize and know the location of every note on the guitar neck.
How to Memorize the Guitar Fretboard teaches you essential basic theory and musical patterns so you actually understand how the guitar as a whole functions.
Free on Kindle Unlimited! - Master the Guitar Neck Today!
Why wait? With free delivery right to your device, you don't even need a kindle to read this book! You can have it sent to your PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
No more excuses, master the guitar neck today and play like a pro!
The Most Popular Guitar Books on Amazon
With nearly 1,000,000 copies sold, Fundamental Changes bring you the highest rated guitar books available on Amazon.
Scroll up to Buy Now and make a huge difference to your playing.
Master Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Technique – Tommy Emmanuel Style!
Tommy Emmanuel is one of the world’s most accomplished fingerstyle guitarists. With jaw-dropping technique and mesmerizing stage presence, he has set the standard for acoustic guitar performance.
In his new book Fingerstyle Guitar Milestones, he breaks down his acoustic guitar technique and teaches it to you, pick by pick! Itis perfect for the early intermediate player who wants to develop thumb and finger independence for ultimate fingerstyle guitar technique.
What You’ll Learn
Fingerstyle Guitar Milestones is divided into four clear milestones that highlight the essential components of his style. Each one teaches you great acoustic guitar technique and real music you can play immediately.
Milestone 1: Guitars, Gear and Mindset
Discover how Tommy thinks about everything from selecting guitars and thumbs picks, to how he approaches learning and memorizing songs. You’ll quickly understand what you should look for in your own gear and how to map your learning timeline.
Milestone 2: Mastering the “Boom Chick”
Gain masterful command of your thumb picking and learn all the steps to create Tommy’s signature percussive basslines. You’ll start with open position etudes then build up to barre chords and moveable patterns that help you access the whole fretboard.
Milestone 3: Adding the Fingers
Learn how to use the picking fingers to add melody and inner voices to your thumb work. You’ll build a repertoire of useful arpeggio patterns and syncopated rhythms to add new textures to your solo and accompaniment playing.
Milestone 4: Learning Songs
Now it’s time to combine all your new skills and learn to play three beautiful acoustic fingerstyle pieces. Each piece is broken down with slow and fast playthroughs as well as additional exercises to help you master them.
The Complete Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Course from a Modern Master
Tommy Emmanuel’s Fingerstyle Guitar Milestones gives unparalleled insight into the technical approach of a modern-day master guitarist.
Through a series of carefully conceived exercises and etudes, you will build perfect fingerstyle technique from the ground up.
- Learn how to train the thumb to lock-inperfect basslines
- Develop great timekeeping to always play in the pocket
- Master true thumb / finger independence
- Discover Tommy’s method of creating syncopated rhythms that really groove
- Add stand-out embellishments to enhance your performance
Learn Three Fantastic Performance Pieces
Each exercise and etude combines to help you master three of Tommy’s favorite tunes that help you to become an accomplished fingerstyle guitarist. Tommy even walks you through each piece and describes how to play any tricky parts!
Tommy Emmanuel’s Fingerstyle Guitar Milestones comes with over 100 studio quality audio that’s FREE to download that let you really learn fingerstyle guitar perfectly. There are even slowed down versions of the full songs.
Tommy Emmanuel is one of the greatest acoustic guitarists on the planet – If you’re ready to learn fingerstyle guitar, you owe it to yourself to learn from a master.
Buy it now!