You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This price was set by the publisher.
Jesus and the Dead Sea Scrolls: Revealing the Jewish Roots of Christianity Kindle Edition
|Length: 272 pages||Language: English|
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
"The Dead Sea Scrolls give us a window into the thought of first-century Jews such as Jesus and the disciples. Through that window we see the continuity between the Old Testament and the New. The New is not a novelty. An expert on the Scrolls, Dr. Bergsma shows us how the texts and rituals of the Qumran community illuminate the New Covenant sacraments and Christian liturgy as we know it today."--Scott Hahn, author of The Fourth Cup "John Bergsma has provided the missing link between the assembly of the Old Testament and the Church of the New Testament. Read this book and you'll see the Gospels and the sacraments more vividly than ever before. You'll understand your place in history and in God's people. If you read just one book about first-century Judaism, let it be this one."--Mike Aquilina, author of The Fathers of the Church "Since the Dead Sea Scrolls were first discovered in 1947, there have been countless books written about them. But there is nothing quite like what John Bergsma has done in Jesus and the Dead Sea Scrolls. If you have any interest whatsoever in the Jewish roots of Christianity, then buy this book! It will radically transform the way you see Jesus, Judaism, and the origins of Christianity."--Brant Pitre, author of Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist
Scholar John Bergsma presents the first major work on the Dead Sea Scrolls in two decades and shows how the mysterious and long-forgotten scrolls, discovered in an Egyptian cave in 1947, reveal more fully the Jewish roots of Christianity.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Feminist Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Additional Texts > Dead Sea Scrolls
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > History & Culture
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Popes & the Vatican
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Historical
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Women & Judaism
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History of Religion