- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Java Pb: An Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Paperback – 16 December 1998
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Pearson; 1st edition (16 December 1998)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 726 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0132874261
- ISBN-13 : 978-0132874267
- Dimensions : 23.47 x 19.15 x 2.9 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
Best-selling author, Walter Savitch, uses a conversational style to teach programmers problem solving and programming techniques with Java. Readers are introduced to object-oriented programming and important computer science concepts such as top-down design, debugging, style, and abstract data types. The Java coverage is a concise, accessible introduction that covers key language features. Thorough early coverage of objects is included, with an emphasis on applications over applets.
Professor Savitch includes a highly flexible format that allows instructors and readers to adapt coverage of topics to their order of preference. This text assumes no previous programming experience.
Other Key Features
- Complete explanations of Java language features are included with sample code and entire programs.
- Summary Boxes that summarize key Java features and problem solving techniques provide quick review of chapter material.
- Programming Tips explain good programming practices, while Gotcha sections identify common programming problems and pitfalls.
- The AWT is used to teach how to design portable GUIs and produce professional windowing interfaces. In the process, readers learn event-driven programming and object-oriented programming.
- The Java material was tested using Sun Microsystem's Java JDK version 1.1 and is consistent with changes scheduled for version 1.2.
- Self-Test Questions with answers follow important topics so users can check their level of understanding.
- Engaging Case Studies expose readers to real-life applications.
- The book's CD-ROM includes all the programs and classes, a student version of Code Warrior, and an integrated development environment for Windows 95/NT and Macintosh.
- The Companion Web Site includes an Online Student Study Guide and program code.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
P.S. I might mention, Savitch also quickly responded to a couple of emails I sent him (his addy's in the book) and answered my questions that same day. Now that's service!