Short and accessible. If I wanted to replicate various designs myself, I would use the instructions from the website "Pattern in Islamic Art" which is the site that directed me to Daud Sutton's book, or I would use the books by Eric Brough.
Sutton's book Islamic Design is good for putting the designs in a religious and cultural context, and it is a very pretty and well crafted book.
- Hardcover: 58 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Pub Plc USA; 1st edition (1 June 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780802716354
- ISBN-13: 978-0802716354
- ASIN: 0802716350
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 1.1 x 18.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 92,740 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)