- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 1st ed. 2016 edition (28 June 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3319294997
- ISBN-13: 978-3319294995
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 2.2 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 590 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 181,903 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Investment in Electricity Generation and Transmission: Decision Making under Uncertainty Hardcover – 28 Jun 2016
From the Back Cover
- How can we expand and/or reinforce our aging electricity transmission infrastructure?
- How can we expand the transmission network of a given region to integrate significant amounts of renewable generation?
- How can we expand generation facilities to achieve a low-carbon electricity production system?
- How can we expand the generation system while ensuring appropriate levels of flexibility to accommodate both demand-related and production-related uncertainties?
- How can we choose among alternative production facilities?
- What is the right time to invest in a given production or transmission facility?
About the Author
Antonio J. Conejo, professor at Ohio State University, received his MS from MIT and his PhD from the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. He has published over 165 papers in SCI journals and has authored or coauthored books published by Springer, John Wiley, McGraw-Hill, and CRC. An IEEE Fellow, he has been the principal investigator in many research projects financed by public agencies and the power industry and has supervised 19 PhD theses.
Luis Baringo, assistant professor at the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain, received his Industrial Engineering degree and his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, in 2009 and 2013, respectively. In 2014, he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Power Systems Laboratory, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
S. Jalal Kazempour, postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, received his BS from the University of Tabriz, Iran in 2006, his MS from Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran in 2009, and his PhD from the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain in 2013, all in the field of electrical engineering. In 2014, he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
Afzal S. Siddiqui, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Statistical Science at University College London, received the B.S. from Columbia University and the M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley (all in industrial engineering and operations research). His research interests are in decision making under uncertainty in the energy sector. Besides having participated in several externally funded projects, he has coordinated an EU project on risk management and energy efficiency in public buildings. He also holds visiting positions at Stockholm University and Aalto University.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Economics > Industries > Energy & Mining > Oil & Energy
- Books > Business & Economics > Processes & Infrastructure > Operations Research
- Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Computer Simulation
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Technology > Renewable Energy
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Science & Mathematics > Mathematics