- Hardcover: 544 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 3rd Edition edition (24 May 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471347809
- ISBN-13: 978-0471347804
- Product Dimensions: 22.2 x 2.2 x 28.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.4 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Introduction to Information Technology Hardcover – 24 May 2004
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
From the Back Cover
In today’s businesses, Information Technology is one of the hottest ticket in town. Successful management of IT can mean the difference between making it big, or not making it at all. And no other text does a better job of highlighting the critical impact of IT on today’s businesses and the relevance of IT to students’ careers, than Turban, Rainer, and Potter’s INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
Now redesigned, revised, reorganized, and updated with the latest wireless technologies and new technology trends, the Third Edition of this popular text makes IT relevant and engaging for all students, regardless of their major.
- Club IT: The new web–based Virtual Company case for the Third Edition gives students the opportunity to develop IT solutions for a simulated music venue called Club IT, which presents live music and DJs. Students are “hired” as consultants for the club and asked to work on IT projects.
- Mobile, Wireless and Pervasive Computing: These technologies are rapidly spreading and changing information technology. A new chapter on Mobile, Wireless, and Pervasive Computing (Chapter 6) is right at the cutting–edge of these exciting business developments.
- Relevance: The authors explain why IT is important to all individuals and functions within an organization by relating topics to specific business majors (finance, marketing, MIS, production/operations, HR, etc.) in every chapter.
- New Interactive Learning Sessions: These new online exercises provide interactive cases that support the content in each chapter of the text. They include interactive drag–and–drop exercises, simulations, and animations that help students visualize IT processes.
- Business Extra Select: This online feature allows instructors to package the text with software applications lab manuals, cases, articles, and other real–world content, from sources such as Harvard Business School cases, Fortune, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and much more. Instructors can combine the Third Edition with the content you choose to create a fully customized textbook. Go to www.wiley.com/college/bxs for additional information.
About the Author
R. Kelly Rainer, Jr. is George Phillips Privett Professor of Management Information Systems at Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. He received his BS degree in Mathematics from Auburn and his Doctor of Dental Medicine for ten years, Professor Rainer returned to school and received his Ph.D. at the University of Georgia. He has published numerous articles in leading journals. His current research interests include health care informatics and information technology security.
Richard E. Potter is Assistant Professor of Information and Decision Sciences in the College of Business Administration at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He received a bachelors degree in psychology from California State University–Hayward, and an MS in Management degree and Ph.D. degree in Management and Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona. Dr. Potter was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health and Visiting Scholar and Adjunct Professor of MIS at the University of Arizona’s Keller School of Management. He also served Mexico’s ITESM system as Director of Research and Doctoral Programs at their Mexico City Graduate School of Business.
Dr. Potter’s current research interest is cognition and behavior in the electronics environment, with emphasis on performance assessment and intervention with electronically supported groups, and cultural effects on collaborative technology use. He has published in a number of leading scientific journals, has authored numerous book chapters, and has presented his work in academic conferences around the world.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|