- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions Paperback – 11 June 2010
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Springer; 1st edition (11 June 2010)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 553 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1441967397
- ISBN-13 : 978-1441967398
- Dimensions : 15.6 x 3 x 23.4 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 751,356 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions
Ingrid Soderback, Uppsala Universitet, Uppsala and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Resources for rehabilitation specialists tend to follow a straight line: injury--disability--limitation--intervention. The International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions breaks with this tradition, organized by type of intervention based on recommendations in the International Classification of Functioning and organized according to the occupational therapist's expert roles as manager for adaptation, teacher for learning occupations, enabler for recovery and promotor of health and wellness. This innovative, user-friendly system identifies candidates for particular interventions in terms of the range of syndromes and illnesses they are applicable to, encouraging critical thinking, problem solving, and best evidenced practice. The book's wide spectrum of interventions coupled with its international perspective creates a unique source of evidence-based strategies for improving patient adaptation, functioning, and recovery.
- Describes interventions in such areas as environmental accessibility, ergonomics, pain management, sensory functional training, electric prostheses, music therapy, psychoeducation, and cognitive teaching.
- Features interventions suited to all areas of daily life: home, work, and leisure.
- Clarifies the occupational therapist's/physiotherapist's role in multidisciplinary care.
- Includes material on accident/illness prevention and health promotion strategies.
- Supplies reference lists of studies regarding the clinical efficacy of interventions.
- Demonstrates the use of a common technical language for the field.
Occupational and physical therapists, physicians, experts in rehabilitation, and health psychologists, will find the International Handbook of Occupational Therapeutic Interventions a source of practice-enhancing tools and ideas. Its clarity of presentation makes it highly useful to readers in related fields (such as insurance case workers and ergonomic architects and engineers) as well.
About the Author
Dr. Soderback is an Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden and University Lecturer Emerita associated to the Department of Public Health and Caring Science at Uppsala University in Sweden. She has worked for 40 years in occupational therapy, health care, and rehabilitation. She is an Associate Editor of the Journal Occupational Therapy International, and she is the coauthor of Occupational Therapy & Ergonomics.