- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 7.7 cm ; 86.2 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 95.3 g
- Item Model Number: COTHPLUGUN01
- ASIN: B000YN01X4
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 November 2017
- Customer Reviews: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- #39 in International Power Adapters
Insten Universal World Wide Travel Charger Adapter Plug For LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ S8 Plus, White
- Converts power outlet when traveling to other countries
- Surge protector & safety protective shutter doors help prevent foreign objects from entering, eliminating the chances of electric shocks
- Power indicator light shows you the travel adapter in use
- Works in over 150 countries including EU / AU/ UK / US / CN / JP / HK
- This charger adapter plug converts the power outlet only, please don't use it with any high power appliances such as hair dryer, straightener, water heater, etc. Make sure your device carries an electrical converter when travelling to countries with a different electrical output
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The device itself seems fairly well made. The materials themselves are not of the highest quality, but they are solidly put together. You wouldn't want to toss it around too casually, but it won't break from some minor jostling. The various pins, buttons, and knobs all move in and out of position easily and work well at adapting power from one standard to another. While this is not as small as some adapters, it is as small as can be expected for a device that offers near universal power adaption.
As other reviewers (and the manufacturer) have noted, this product does not convert voltage. While I took off a star because of this, for most travelers such conversion isn't necessary; most laptops (Macbook), smartphones (iPhone), and ereaders (Kindle) have conversion built in to their power cords/bricks, so you don't need a separate adapter to have such functionality.
Overall I love this adapter and have gotten years of quality service from it, and I expect many more. You can buy this adapter with confidence.
I'm surprised at all the positive reviews... Maybe it works okay outside the UK? I'm getting rid of it. I thought it would be good for the traveling we're planning, but not if you never know if it's going to work. I think a set of country specific adapters is a better bet for us. This thing is 3-4 times the size of the UK adapter and we found it incredibly unreliable.
Luckily, our host has provided an adapter that fits inside the recessed indentation. I hope the photos illustrate the problem. I won't be returning this, but I will buy a set of individual adapters for other vacations.
I would recommend the blue converters that have 2 USB ports, mine was a "Pors-ela" which doesn't seem to be on Amazon anymore, that is lasting through more trips (3 months and counting) and doesn't seem like there's any parts that'll fail other than the fuse.