This is a unique and well written historical mystery/thriller. Final confirmation was when I missed hearing more about the characters after finishing the book.
The story revolves around an unusual lady resurrectionist ('grave robber') from a time when this was a forbidden but supported means of advancing medical knowledge. I enjoyed the well placed bits of historical NY slang and the accurate but not overwhelming medical imagery in the story.
Despite being a very modern (and US based) take on such a story, I couldn't help but be reminded of Charles Dickens writing with the combination of historical setting and evocative characters in the book.
I look forward to more novels from the author.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3402 KB
- Print Length: 357 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1503903389
- Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (18 September 2018)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07BDHGKJX
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 36 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #664 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)