- Hardcover: 128 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers (24 November 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 000811885X
- ISBN-13: 978-0008118853
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.7 x 20.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 259 g
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,486 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $3.00 delivery
The Ice Dragon Hardcover – 24 Nov 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“The Ice Dragon brims with the magic and beauty of Martin's velvety rich prose. […] Audiences of all ages will be enchanted by the fantastic delivery of this timeless tale of heroes and dragons, the strength of a family, and the coming-of-age of a very special girl. It is a great book to share.” ―VOYA
“[T]his fantasy is a slim but rich introduction to the genre, one that should appeal to both boys and girls.”
―School Library Journal
“A must-buy for all Martin fans.” ―SFRevue
About the Author
From the Publisher
The Ice Dragon
An enchanting tale of courage and sacrifice for young readers and adults by the wildly popular George R.R. Martin, author of A Song of Ice and Fire, the series that inspired HBO's Game Of Thrones. Lavish illustrations by acclaimed artist Luis Royo enrich this captivating and heartwarming story of a young girl and her dragon.
From ancient times the ice dragon was a creature of legend and fear, for no man had ever tamed one. When it flew overhead, it left in its wake desolate cold and frozen land. But Adara was not afraid. For Adara was a winter child, born during the worst freeze that anyone, even the Old Ones, could remember.
Adara could not remember the first time she had seen the ice dragon. It seemed that it had always been in her life, glimpsed from afar as she played in the frigid snow long after the other children had fled the cold. In her fourth year she touched it, and in her fifth year she rode upon its broad, chilled back for the first time. Then, in her seventh year, on a calm summer day, fiery dragons from the North swooped down upon the peaceful farm that was Adara’s home. And only a winter childand the ice dragon who loved hercould save her world from utter destruction.
George R. R. Martin
George R.R. Martin is the author of fifteen novels and novellas, including five volumes of A Song of Ice and Fire, several collections of short stories, as well as screenplays for television and feature films. Dubbed ‘the American Tolkien’, George R.R. Martin is an Executive Producer on HBO’s Game of Thrones, which is based on his A Song of Ice and Fire series. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 11 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Horror > Sword & Sorcery