This thing is huge, a little more complicated to put on than a stock fan, but the benefits are even bigger.
- CPU temperature went 25 degrees lower average. System is ridiculously cold as well because of the air flow (see next pro).
- Air flow is way easier to design with with a stand-up fan blowing from front to back
- Optional second 120mm fan can be mounted with provided attachment
- Versatile, can be used for many chipsets, so if you ever make a new build you will most likely be able to use it again (see product description)
Not really cons, but to keep in mind:
- No preset thermal paste (tube included)
- If your RAM has extra metal on top (heatsink), it might be tight/hard to fit/not fit (easy-breezy with low-profile Ballistix)
- If it's an upgrade, you will have to remove your motherboard as there is a part to attach at the bottom.
- Assembly requires some attention. The provided instructions have no words, just drawings, which can be confusing. Also, they mixed multiple chipset AMD/INTEL setup instructions so pay attention to the top left corner of each drawing. I recommend looking for a video instruction on YouTube with your chipset. The instructions weren't exactly in the same order as the paper's and felt more logical to me. Worked perfectly,
CoolerMaster Fan RR-212E-20PK-R2 HYPER 212 EVO CPU Cooler for Intel AMD Aluminum HeatpipeThe Hyper 212 EVO cooling systems are designed and optimized to provide the best user experience and cooling potential for a new generation of processors. The Hyper 212 EVO now features four Cooler Master patented Continuous Direct Contact (CDC) heat pipes that are tightly packed into a flat array on the CPU Cooler base. This acts as a virtual vapor chamber that dissipates a large amount of heat. The aluminum fin structure has been optimized to provide the perfect performance balance between high and low speed fan operations. Features Well-balanced cooling performance provides fin optimizations with perfect balance between high and low speed operations. 4 Direct Contact heat pipes with the patented CDC (Continuous Direct Contact) technology - creating a perfect sleek surface for heat conduction. Wide-range PWM fan with unique wave-shaped blade design for excellent airflow. Versatile all-in-one mounting solution supporting the latest Intel LGA 1366 / 1155 and AMD FM1 / AM3+. Model RR-212E-20PK-R1 CPU Socket Intel Socket:LGA 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775 AMD Socket:FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2 CPU Support Intel:Core i7 Extreme / Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Core2 Extreme / Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo / Pentium / Celeron AMD:FX-Series / A-Series / Phenom II X4 / Phenom II X3 / Phenom II X2 / Phenom X4 / Phenom X3 / Athlon II X Dimension 120 x 80 x 159 mm (4.7 x 3.1 x 6.3 in) Heat Sink Dimensions 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 in) Heat Sink Material 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes / Aluminum Fins Heat Sink Weight 465g (1.03 lb) Heat Pipes Dimensions 6mm Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm (4.7 x 4.7 x 1 in) Fan Speed 600 2000 RPM (PWM) +/- 10% Fan Airflow 24.9 82.9 CFM +/- 10% Fan Air Pressure 0.3 2.7mm H2O +/- 10% Fan Life Expectancy 40000hrs Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 9 - 36 dBA Bearing Type Long Life Sleeve Bearing Connector 4-Pin Fan Rated Voltage 12 VDC Fan Rated Curr