- Product Dimensions: 34 x 25 x 51 cm ; 1.4 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.5 Kg
- Item Model Number: HE0691-1PNE
- ASIN: B07G753XJD
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 30 August 2018
- Customer Reviews: 986 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
11,858 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #60 in Casual Daypack Backpacks
Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack 40L Flight Approved Carry on Backpack, Black with 3PCS Packing Cubes-2018
+ $25.65 Delivery
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Package: 1 x backpack, 1 x packing cubes 3 pcs set (Small/ Medium/ Large) for worldwide travelers
- 40 L capacity to fit your belongings and gadgets, backpack dimensions: 20.1 x 13.4 x 9.8 inches/ 51 x 34 x 25 cm; 3 packing cubes in 1 set: Large: 18.1 x 13 x 3.3 inches; Medium: 14.2 x 10.2 x 3.3 inches; Small: 11.4 x 7.1 x 3.1 inches
- Multiple exterior compression buckle straps for adjusting the height based on your need, 2018 version with side bottle pocket for extra storage and adjustable sternum strap and waist strap for stability and upgraded strap buckle for durability
- Designed to fit the maximum size allowed on an IATA flight, fits in the overhead compartment as well as the under seat as storage in flight; A true hands-free carry on with suppressible shoulder straps, easily to convert from duffel into a backpack in seconds
- 1 front zip pocket with multiple interior slip pockets, second compartment fits up to most 15.6 inch laptop, Multiple ways to combine necessary packing cubes more flexible in this backpack for your trip
Size Name: Backpack with Cubes | Colour: Black with 3PCS Packing Cubes-2018
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I used it as both carry on & checked luggage with Aprox 6-9kg. surprising how much I got into it. It’s bigger than it looks at first. The pack was compact, lightweight, fit comfortably on my back, was easy to access the compartments as it works like a suitcase, can use as a bag or pack. An optional shoulder strap would be nice but suited my needs as it was.
I didn’t really use the 2 smaller top compartments much however if you had an iPad etc it would fit nice and snug.
I Look forward to more trips with my pack.
No regrets with my purchase - great price, very good quality product & quick delivery.
My backpack didn't even make it out of the house before it broke. Packed the carry on for the flight, went to put the passport in the front pocket and the zip was useless.
Too late to get another case, luckily the main zip lasted the trip. No problem with the other two bags.
Top international reviews
40 Litres of volume sounds like a lot but it fills up pretty quickly. Having said that, I was able to pack a reasonable amount of summer wear including a pair of flip-flops and a pair of Teva sandals, along with the requisite toiletries, electronics accessories (adapters, cables etc.), tablet and camera.
Technically this size is bigger than Ryanair's base fare allows (basically only a purse or small bag), but if you spend a few extra euros you'll be able to carry on a larger backpack such as this. And it seems to be fine for regular airlines (in my case Air Canada Rouge return from Toronto to Athens). Finally, it's a treat to not have to wait an extra 15-30 minutes for your luggage to appear in the carousel once you land.
I can recommend it without hesitation.
A few of the other reviews commented that the strap clips were flimsy, but I had no issues. My pack was snug but not bulging, to be fair. I would echo one of the comments related to how the pocket to store your tablet/laptop is at the top of the pack and hence not very well protected. But if you're not checking the bag this isn't an issue.
1. it could use a tough, waterproof layer on the bottom since even a backpack has to be set down at some point.
2. the small rear compartment is not a secure spot for things such as passports, keys, ipods etc.. While the main flap is zippered, the smaller pockets inside are not, Things will not stay where you put them as a result. Further, when standing in a lineup (say at a train station), it is very easy for someone to quietly zip it open without your knowing it.
3. Lastly, there should be padding at the bottom of the laptop pocket. As it is, should your bag drop, or be put down abruptly, the laptop will take a hit.
Apart from these things (with #2 being the most problematic and which makes the bag less useful to me), I think it's a great bag.
With all the trains and buses, I had no problem with fitting this bag in luggage storage compartments or even holding it on my lap.
I also used their packing cube and everything fit nicely without any extra bulk from the bag itself.
I wish the shoulder strap had better padding and maybe have those top strap adjustment like on hiking backpack. A breathing mesh pad for the back would be awsome too.
Tried to submit a defect request, it was "too late", and the request was denied. Which in my estimation is pretty poor, just because someone buys something, doesn't mean they use it the day they get it... Otherwise it would have been given *5 stars.
The main issue I had with this pack was that there was no hip belt. With the size of a 40-45L pack and it's intended function (high density packing) the weight of the pack when full is always going to be high, especially for long trips. Carrying this pack for a few kilometers with only the straps and a chest belt eventually got pretty painful over the course of a month long trip.
That being said, this is my go to for most trips lasting more than a weekend now, as the benefits outweigh the negatives!
Update!! The handle on the top has come loose, frayed on one side. I've been pretty rough on it, so I don't know if it's necessarily a terrible flaw or anything. Still a decent pack.
The size is perfect. I had no trouble getting this on any of my planes, and it was in fact small enough to squeeze under an airplane seat, meaning I was literally the only person on a tiny plane from Ottawa to New Jersey who wasn't forced to relinquish their carry-on right before boarding. Don't let the 8.9" depth in the description scare you. You would have to stuff every pocket to the absolute max to have the depth expand past the typical 8" restriction. It also fit into the smallest locker size in Japan stations.
I don't know if anything changed in the 2018 edition aside from the waist straps, but contrary to some other reviews, I found the shoulder straps very comfortable. I am a bit of a hefty guy but I also sometimes have lower back issues, but I had no problems carrying this on my back for long periods of time with the weight managing well. Mind you, I wasn't using this thing while climbing mountains, but there were a few times I was walking quite a while and grabbing connecting trains.
Packing cubes are simple but work fine. Tons of cool slots and pockets in the bag for organization.
The bag was used and abused by a clumsy oaf, switched from backpack mode to suitcase mode and back again in a rush, squished into tight spaces, opened and closed and occasionally forced to hold more than it should, but the zippers held up and there isn't anything even close to a tear in the fabric.
Cons: 3 of the buckles have broken. They still technically work with the "cut", it was the waist strap and size squeezing side ones, not the shoulder straps, and as previously mentioned I can't guarantee how much my rough caretaking was responsible. But because of their weird design, if I wanted to buy replacement buckles, they likely won't be matching ones.
I also agree with another review that it would be nice if the side handle was as sturdy as the top one, but on the other hand, I started preferring to carrying it upright as it was easier to navigate that way.
If I could give it 4.5 stars, I would. For the price, I can't imagine finding better quality.