- Product Dimensions: 28.4 x 49 x 45 cm ; 10.8 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 11.7 Kg
- Item Model Number: 2403 0000
- ASIN: B078ZSXBCM
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 19 November 2018
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Hozelock Auto Reel with 30 m Hose, Yellow/Grey
- Robust mechanism quickly stores the hose away for youwith much less effort
- Hose is layered back into the Auto Reel for smooth operation every time
- Wall mounted with 180-degrees pivot allowing you to reach every area of your garden
- Includes 30 metres of premium hose and soft-touch connectors
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hozelock Auto Reel
The Auto Reel smoothly and easily unwinds the hose enabling you to stop at any point to water.
The reels mechanism automatically locks so that you don’t have to hold the hose taught.
To unwind more hose simply pull the hose and the mechanism will unlock allowing you to easily water your garden.
Puts Itself Away
A simple tug unlatches the drum, and the Auto Reel’s patented automatic rewind system takes over.
The layering system neatly coils the hose with no kinks, tangles or effort.
Key Benefits Include:
- The robust mechanism quickly stores the hose away for you, with much less effort.
- The hose is layered back into the Auto Reel for smooth operation every time.
- Wall mounted with 180 degree pivot allowing you to reach every area of your garden.
Clean, Tidy & Protected
The Auto Reel neatly stores and protects the hose in a tough Polypropylene UV stabilised case ensuring the hose remains protected and therefore extends its life.
Wall Hanger – 180 Degree Coverage
The robust wall bracket allows the Auto Reel to pivot 180 degrees allowing you to reach every part of your garden. Auto Reel can be easily fitted or removed from the wall and now includes convenient storage points for your spare fittings and spray guns.
Feeder hose & Park Point
Neatly store the feeder hose when not in use. This is especially useful when tidying the unit away in winter. The leak free parking point prevents drips when storing in your shed or garage.
Integrated Child Lock
This convenient lock prevents the hose from being pulled out by children, ensuring the hose is only pulled out when needing to water the garden.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Please read my original review because my description still stands. However.... I cannot possibly give more than 1 star to something that (although the automatic retraction IDEA is excellent) was clearly not constructed to withstand normal CAREFUL use. Ours has been in use for only about TWO MONTHS, it has always been extended and retracted slowly and in a straight line, it has never been abused or otherwise 'operated' incorrectly. In fact we've been more careful with this than with our old normal hose equipment, simply because most of it is plastic. But it is not acceptable, after having paid more than $100 for an item, to have to constantly reattach basic fittings after they give way and flood the surroundings with water.
What is even more annoying is that we separately purchased three extra mounting attachments in case we needed to move the reel to another spigot, and when we had the house re-sided paid extra for special mounting blocks and plates for the four attachments. So now that I am essentially ready to throw this ridiculously expensive mistake into the trash, we will have four very noticeable but utterly useless mounting attachments on the house.
After I post this update I will change out of my soaked gardening pants and drive to my local garden center to buy a good quality rubber garden hose with BRASS fittings, a steel hose cart, and hopefully some quick-connect fittings that will at least allow us to use the two very good (so far!) extra Hozelock attachments we bought for this overpriced yet cheaply made hose reel. At least I hope we can find fittings that will work. Based on the performance of this reel plus the Hozelock Pico Reel (see my review on that) I'm not going to get my hopes up.
First of all, this is a great concept. Nobody likes having to haul a hose around or to get frustrated trying to reel or coil one up. I bought one of these plus three extra mounting pieces so that we could move the reel to whichever one we needed to water from.
Unfortunately I am disappointed in several factors after using it.
(1) While the auto-reel feature is great for returning the hose to the unit, it is not so great in use because it always wants to "go back". This is great if you want resistance training in whatever hand/arm is holding the ball thingy (see #2 for why you always need to do that!) but if you want to use the hose with their oscillating sprinkler you need to use landscape pins to peg the hose down. Otherwise it will pull the hose right back to the unit. The "lock" mechanism does not lock the hose in place (prevent it from reeling), by the way, unless it is already coiled up completely. It is annoying that I am always fighting the pull-back when using this hose.
(2) The DIY connection of hose to both ends (spigot and sprayer) pulls apart VERY easily. This is why you should never pull on the hose by the sprayer end... only by the round stop-ball. Even so, the mere action of normal usage of the sprayer will loosen the press-fit connection and it will suddenly give way, soaking your feet and clothes with water as the hose separates from the quick-click. This happens roughly every dozen uses. We also had the spigot end connection give way twice even though we never pull on anything but the top part of the connector when disengaging.
(3) You would think that it's easy to fit the reel onto the wallmount by slipping the rod through, but it's tricky to line up all the holes. It does not just slip down but needs to be precisely positoned and it is a very tight fit. When it needs to be removed it is a bigger struggle in reverse.
I have read reviews on the Amazon UK site saying that if/when the hose leaks it cannot be replaced. This is something that is not mentioned anywhere.
We will probably be going back to a normal hose on a wheeled reel after this. Also those with vinyl siding on their house should know that even if you put a block of wood behind the area where you will attach the mount, the repeated torque will cause the screws to loosen up and pull out. These were clearly designed to be mounted on either a cement or brick wall, or in at least 4" (preferably 6") of solid wood.