I am very fond of Munroe's work, so when this was announced for only 10 quid, I was very intrigued. As a long time follower of Munroe's work, incuding XKCD and the What If? blog, I was disapointed to find some of the humor in this book mising. Unlike What If? (The book), it had half the cartoons/drawings, and would not be something that I would read again and again. I was still able to enjoy the maths behind the questions, but at the expense of a laugh. Would recommed for anyone who enjoys the science side of the conversation, but for anyone looking for laugh out loud humor, stick to XKCD or What If?.
I am rating this four stars because I am largely a math nerd, but it you are looking for a What If? #2, this is not the book for you.
Hope this helps,
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: John Murray; 1 edition (3 September 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1473680328
- ISBN-13: 978-1473680326
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 3 x 20.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 440 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 337 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)