I had the pleasure of meeting Jozef and his lovely, intelligent and well-grounded wife Juanzetta last week at his first book event presentation at Homewood Library's 'Not Your Mama's Book Club'. The two make a perfect pair, and it was easy to see how well their relationship and collaboration (Jozef's experiences, Juanzetta's editorship) resulted in this unique book.
I've always been intrigued by lucid dreaming (which I can accomplish) and astral projection (which I haven't yet been able to definitively distinguish from lucid dreaming). As a lifelong student of neuroscience, I was hoping to learn more about these processes, experiences and distinctions.
This book has 92 (approximately 2-page) chapters as well as a glossary (which should be read FIRST). While I'd hoped for more of a 'how to' guide on spiritual meditation and astral projection, this book is exclusively focused on the author's personal meditations using the Monroe Institute's protocols - which, for him, have been extraordinary. Had I ONLY read the book, I'd have probably just shaken my head in wonder and moved on...but after meeting Jozef and Juanzetta in person, and getting the very strong sense that his experiences were not simply 'made up to sell a book' so much as personally and contemporaneously journalled after meditation (or dreaming), it left me somewhat more open to the possibilities he bravely expresses as 'givens'.
So, my recommendations would be as follows, in no particular order:
- If possible, meet the author and his soul-mate. Delightful, curious, intriguing and forthcoming - you'll smile with them and their warm relationship
- If you've been to ANY Monroe Institute program, you'll probably want to read this since you'll have much more significant context to work with
- If you're looking for a true "How to..." guide on various metaphysical practices, either try a Monroe Institute program or look elsewhere. One very effective approach I'd suggest is to explore binaural beats, which for me have had remarkable results. There are dozens of (mostly free) apps available for this on every platform (Peak Pocket Studios versions are my favorites). Although the Monroe Institute's focused programs also use binaural frequencies along with their facilitated meditations, many will find self-exploration beneficial without the need for the expense and travel.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 650 KB
- Print Length: 341 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1732595712
- Publisher: How to Kiss the Universe Press, Washington D.C.; 1 edition (2 October 2018)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07HYMHXZJ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 9 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #516,997 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)