I’m actually mad at the author — you took us on this long, wordy, often non-sensical journey, and rewarded your readers with a too-obvious, wholly unsatisfying conclusion.
Why did the eldest sisters die? What happened to the father? Why did Lenore go back into the house and leave her siblings? Was the baby really dead? So many loose-ends, I’m annoyed I even read the book to have these eternal unanswered questions. Also, hello editor?! You could have done a better job reigning in your author and not letting her try to fit so much unnecessary nonsense into one book.
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: BANTAM JUV US (6 August 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0593120930
- ISBN-13: 978-0593120934
- Product Dimensions: 20.8 x 3.6 x 14.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 113,778 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)