This was an easy read. A great Australian outback story told by someone who got the telling down pat as if she herself had experienced an Australian drought, and the associated problems on the land. There was a combined story of the several characters, as well as the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the great work they do under sometimes unbelievable circumstances. This book also included the hardships of life on a sheep station in a drought when not only the feed and water run out, but so does the money - and the hope.
The only drawback, and this did not detract me from giving 5 stars, was that in the last few chapters the editing fell below par - allowing incorrect spelling and incorrect sentences. Still a great story and comes highly recommended apart from that small blip.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; 1 edition (18 April 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143573853
- ISBN-13: 978-0143573852
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 181 g
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 173,484 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)