"Hit The Road: A Woman's Guide to Solo Motorcycle Touring" includes stories from Tamela Rich’s motorcycle travels, plus checklists, tips, and resources for anyone who wants to get the best out of a two-wheeled adventure.
The book helps readers:
1. Identify their Traveler Type
2. Learn to plan the perfect itinerary for their Traveler Type
3. Understand their fears and how to overcome them
4. Choose personal safety devices and strategies best suited to them
5. Learn money-saving tips that will let them spend more time on the road
6. Prepare for travel by downloading checklists for packing, mechanical inspections, tools, and emergencies
7. Understand what to do if something unwelcome happens on a trip
8. Experience the joy of traveling solo without feeling lonely
And much more...
About the Author
Television travel expert, Iron Butt member, and award-winning author Tamela Rich based her TEDx Talk, "Chance Encounters can Change Your Life" on her experiences as a traveler. Tamela founded and runs the Mountain & Music Motorcycle Tour Series, writes a bi-monthly column for "On the Level" BMW magazine, and contributes feature articles to "BMW Owners News." Living in Charlotte, North Carolina, and happily married to her college beau for over 30 years, she says her solo road trips are the prelude to delightful homecomings. TamelaRich.com