Explore the Captivating History of Chicago
Free History BONUS Inside!
Founded as a tiny, temporary settlement, Chicago became a crux of the American fur trade before growing into one of the powerhouses of the Industrial Revolution.
From procuring drinking water to implementing racial equality, nothing has ever been simple for the people who have called Chicago home – and yet there is immense pride among Chicagoans for what they and their fellow people have achieved.
The city has been home to some of America’s most influential people, be they talk show hosts or U.S. Presidents. Every star on the Chicago flag represents an achievement to be remembered; every building an era that has helped shape the modern city into what it is today.
In this book, you will discover remarkable stories of people and events who shaped the history of this fascinating city.
History of Chicago: A Captivating Guide to the People and Events that Shaped the Windy City’s History includes topics such as:
- The Chicago Trail of Tears
- All Roads (and Railways) Lead to Chicago
- Filthiest City in America
- The Financial District of America
- Workers’ Cottage to Skyscraper; Chicago’s Architecture and Design
- 1860 Republican National Convention
- World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago
- The Speakeasy and Al Capone
- Real Chicago Flavor
- The Great Depression and Legislated Segregation
- Century of Progress
- Oprah Winfrey and Harpo
- And much, much more!