- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
History Bundle RC: From the Gracchi to Nero: A History of Rome 133 BC to AD 68: A History of Rome from 133 B.C. to A.D. 68: Volume 3 Paperback – 27 August 2010
|New from||Used from|
Order within 19 hrs and 48 mins
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0415584884
- ISBN-13 : 978-0415584883
- Product Dimensions : 13.79 x 2.57 x 21.59 cm
- Publisher : Routledge (27 August 2010)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: 135,587 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
'Many things made and make From the Gracchi to Nero a great book: The lengthy chronological table in the front is ideal for study. Scullard's presentation is balanced and unprepossessing. The work breathes an air of confident, competent scholarship, and the extensive notes give a veritable snapshot of a great generation of English scholarship on Rome ...'
– John Noël Dillon, University of Exeter, Bryn Mawr Classical Review
Praise for the previous edition:
'Still the best introduction to Roman history.'
– Miriam Griffin, University of Oxford
'The fundamental modern work of reference for teachers, sixth-formers and university students still ... the best and most reliable modern account of the period.'
– Tim Cornell, University of Manchester
'The most balanced, succinct account of the two most turbulent and written-about centuries of Roman history – the single best introduction to that period for students.'
– G.H.R. Horsley, University of New England
About the Author
H.H. Scullard (1903-1983) taught at King's College London, where he became Professor of Ancient History, from 1935 to 1970. He wrote several books on Roman history, and was the first editor of the Oxford Classical Dictionary.