I have not read this book in its entirety yet, but I wanted to give a little bit of background information on this rare title for Highlander fans.
- It's different than Gregory Widen's published screenplay
- It's somewhat different than any existing version of the movie (but follows them much more closely than the screenplay). Since in my humble opinion, the movie was great, this can only be an asset (though fans of the original screenplay may be disappointed)
The edition I have is like the picture above (movie poster of Connor feeling the Quickening while holding the Kurgan's sword, Kurgan's spectral face behind him) and states it is by "Garry Kilworth." Title is "Highlander--There Can Be Only One-- The Original Novel of the classic motion picture".
Publishing date: 1996 paperback edition
The original paperback (which I have never been able to find) is listed under the name Garry DOUGLAS (note the two "r's" in both names), 1986.
I will revise this review when I complete the novel itself and update my rating accordingly.
- Mass Market Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins (1 December 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061058408
- ISBN-13: 978-0061058400
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 2 x 17.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 136 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 550,966 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)