I came across this book when Ken Early interviewed the author on his excellent political podcast on the Second Captains network. A critique of Brexit but more importantly an earnest exploration into the mindset that allows what The Irish Times called “a bewildering act of self-harm” in its editorial the day after the leave vote won. Nothing that has happened since would suggest that this is inaccurate.
It is written with humour but clear and critical accuracy -
in some cases I felt it read as a parody of the English psyche, but it is only too true.
Well written and very much well worth it, as we move inexorably towards the unknown.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 6 hours
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Whole Story QUEST
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 14 March 2019
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B07PFLJ88H
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 24,342 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)