**SPOILER FREE **
From the very first chapter I knew Heart of Mist was going to whisk me away to my dream fantasy world. I love books I can fully escape into, and Heart of Mist certainly gave me that. Not only was the worldbuillding and magic system thoughtful and interesting, but the characters (both major and minor) were well-rounded and felt real. They were going through realistic emotions that I could relate to, and they made me think about important themes (like alcoholism, family, identity, friendship) in new ways.
- beautiful writing that was easy to read yet had stunning descriptions of settings and characters
- realistic characters (too many to name but my faves are Bleak and Henri)
- diverse characters (f/f) <3
- POV chapters that were actually all interesting to read
- really cool worldbuilding for fantasy (some really unique settings, like the Valia Forest)
- well-paced plot that kept me turning pages well into the night
- can't wait for the next book!
- plot slows a little in one section but I didn't mind because the subject matter was interesting and I got to know the characters much better
- have to wait for the next book! But in the meantime I'll just re-read it :D
I received Heart of Mist as an ARC for an honest review.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 13 hours and 15 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 10 April 2018
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B079ZPFBWZ
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,106 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)