This book covers some nuances that are not clearly stated in other books on the subject - centring prayer. It equally clarifies in modern, clear, and sometimes colloquial language the classic work, "The Cloud of Unknowing". The serious learner on contemplative practice will find this work, in parallel with "Centring Prayer and Inner Awakening" - by the same author, and the most recent translation of "The Cloud..." by Carmen Acevedo Butcher the compass to guide them in the contemplative journey. This work is no doubt a reference on contemplative practice.
It is time for the Christian West to reclaim what has been hidden for so long under the heavy hand of scholasticism, without resorting to Eastern practices, culturally foreign to us.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: SHAMBHALA - TRADE (3 January 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1611803144
- ISBN-13: 978-1611803143
- Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 1.7 x 21.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 340 g
- Customer Reviews: 127 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 111,445 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)