- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Walker Books Ltd (1 March 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1406372153
- ISBN-13: 978-1406372151
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.7 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 295 g
- Average Customer Review: 22 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,925 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Hate U Give Paperback – 1 Mar 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
From the Publisher
The Hate U Give
Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter navigates between the poverty-stricken neighbourhood she has grown up in and the upper-crust suburban prep school she attends. Her life is up-ended when she is the sole witness to a police officer shooting her best friend, Khalil, who turns out to have been unarmed during the confrontation – but may or may not have been a drug dealer. As Starr finds herself even more torn between the two vastly different worlds she inhabits, she also has to contend with speaking her truth and, in the process, trying to stay alive herself.
Angie Thomas was born, raised, and still resides in Jackson, Mississippi as indicated by her accent. She is a former teen rapper whose greatest accomplishment was an article about her in Right-On Magazine with a picture included. She holds a BFA in Creative Writing from Belhaven University and an unofficial degree in Hip Hop.She is an inaugural winner of the Walter Dean Myers Grant 2015, awarded by We Need Diverse Books. Her debut novel, The Hate U Give, is one of the Best Sellers of New York Times. Film rights have been optioned by Fox 2000 with George Tillman attached to direct and Hunger Games actress Amandla Stenberg attached to star.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is a YA book and the language suits it. I worry that the language and slang might date this book. Still a must read for everyone.
It does just that
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Urban Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Family > Parents
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Family > Stepfamilies
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Prejudice & Racism
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Violence
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Law & Crime