My 15 month old son loves dogs, especially Hairy Maclary, and loves touch and feel books. This felt like a great combo of all that! It is a cute addition to our collection of Hairy Maclary books. It is a huge hit at our house.
Here are several things that you might want to know if you are considering buying it:
1) It is not a board book, but its pages are thin cardboard, with two cardboard pieces glued together per page (to keep the touchable item in place.) This makes it very sturdy and reinforced, even against overly enthusiastic hands.
2) Most of the things you can touch are animal's coats. They do go to some effort to try and get them to feel somewhat different, but it isn't that much variety. There are three other items besides dog fur you can touch.
3) The text and pictures are reused from other Hairy Maclary books; if you were looking for new story about Hairy Maclary this isn't it. It uses pictures from a number of the books and uses the description phrases for each of Hairy Maclary's dog friends alongside pictures of them (i.e. "Hercules Morse, big as a horse"). It isn't a story with a plot so much as showing and describing each of the dog friends.
- Board book: 14 pages
- Publisher: Puffin MR (22 February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143505157
- ISBN-13: 978-0143505150
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 2.5 x 23.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 458 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
14,653 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #22 in Pet Rabbits