- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: Brooks/Cole ISE; 8 edition (17 November 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1305087305
- ISBN-13: 978-1305087309
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 2.3 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 644 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 51,577 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $5.00 delivery
Group Counseling : Strategies and Skills Paperback – International Edition, 17 Nov 2014
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, International Edition
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"This book covers things not covered by other textbooks, and it is incredibly practical and approachable. The information is supported by examples, and that makes it very useful in real life."
About the Author
Christine Schimmel is the coordinator of the school counseling program in the Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Counseling Psychology program at West Virginia University. She has been a counselor educator for over 15 years and has taught courses in school counseling, counseling techniques, group counseling, and counseling children and adolescents. Chris has written two other counseling books: HOW TO SELECT AND APPLY CHANGE STRATEGIES IN GROUPS and IMPACT THERAPY: THE COURAGE TO COUNSEL. Chris currently serves as the secretary for the West Virginia Board of Examiners in Counseling, the licensure board for professional counselors in the state. A former school counselor, her teaching and research interests are in the field of school counseling.
Bob Masson is Professor Emeritus at West Virginia University and remains active in the counseling field by teaching courses at Florida Gulf Coast University in Ft. Myers, Florida. Bob was a professor for more than 30 years at West Virginia University in the Department of Counseling, Counseling Psychology, and Rehabilitation Counseling. He also served on the State of West Virginia Board of Examiners in Counseling and remains a Licensed Profession Counselor. He has taught courses in counseling techniques, theories, group counseling, and rehabilitation counseling.
Riley Harvill is the president of The HarBeck Company, a leadership training and consulting firm located in Dallas, Texas. Over the past several years, his work has focused on individual and team coaching with U.S. and Canadian police and fire departments. Before co-founding The HarBeck Company, Riley was an associate professor at University of North Texas in the Counselor Education Department, where he taught courses in individual and group counseling.
From the Publisher
Access Unlimited Learning with Group Counseling: Strategies and Skills
- References throughout the text reflect current concepts and research findings relevant to group process. Examples clarify concepts and skills.
- Material on motivational interviewing is included, and guidance on working with military groups.
- The text offers many examples on how to lead groups, how to deal with problem members, and how to conduct therapy in a group. Examples also illustrate how to begin and close a session, how to draw out and cut off members, and how to conduct exercises in meaningful ways.
- The text includes material on the practical application of numerous counseling theories in group settings as well as on the art of leading counseling and therapy groups.
Be Unstoppable with MindTap
MindTap is mobile!
The MindTap Mobile App provides the mobility and flexibility for you to make any time study time.
Stay in the know—and up-to-date.
Phone notifications provide automatic reminders and let you know when updates occur in your course.
Read your full course eBook online or offline. Highlighting, note-taking and the ReadSpeaker App allow you to study wherever you’re standing.
With the mobile app, it’s easy to fit MindTap into your day.
Study key terms and concepts using flashcards and practice quizzes—on your phone!
|Read All Your MindTap eBooks on Your Phone||Learn on Your Terms||Study on the Go||Check Grades and Progress|
|Learn More About MindTap||Access all your MindTap ebooks through Cengage Unlimited and MindTap courses via the MindTap Mobile App ebook library.||Download the ebook to read or listen to the textbook offline, take notes within the text, highlight terms and more.||Review chapter key terms and concepts using practice quizzes and flashcards.||Check your grades, access attendance records and view upcoming due dates to stay on track.|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I usually resell my textbooks; however, this one is a keeper for any practitioner of small groups.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Counselling
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Psychology & Counselling > Counselling
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Psychology & Counselling > Movements > Group
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Education > Counselling
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy