In my work as a prenatal yoga teacher and postpartum doula I have the privilege of caring for women during their pregnancies and postpartum weeks. I always recommend this beautiful book to each of my students and clients as a valuable tool for helping them understand the absolute importance of the postpartum in their journey into motherhood. I love how Jenny Allison combines the traditional care practises from other cultures with modern day science as a way of helping us understand why the care, nurturing and nourishment of a new mother is so important for both her well being and the wellbeing of her baby and family as a whole.
The book also includes stories from mothers around the world as well as recipe's to make for the new mother in your life.
Highly recommended as essential reading for all pregnant and new mothers and those that care for them.
- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Publisher: Beatnik Publishing (2 November 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0992264847
- ISBN-13: 978-0992264840
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 1.1 x 18 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 181 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 29,178 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)